The Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N) invites applications for the position of Programme Director.
The job is to lead an ERI@N Interdisciplinary Research Programme focusing on Hydrogen Solutions which will enable a future hydrogen economy. The Programme Director (PD) has to assist the Executive Director, in Scientific and Technical matters relating to hydrogen solution. The PD will support and / or lead the following activities:
- Participate in or lead research and development, demonstration, and deployment of innovative hydrogen solutions.
- Identify strategic R&D focus and lead technical roadmap development and technology assessments for hydrogen solutions.
- Facilitate and support research joint development agreements such as Joint Industry Program, Research Collaboration Agreements with Industry or University partners and related programs.
- As a leader of a work package or Project Principal Investigator (P.I.) to ensure projects are executed to meet the scientific / technical targets.
- Provide scientific / technical leadership and mentorship to the research groups members, including relationship management with stakeholders (government agencies, key research partners, NTU Management).
- Advise the research team in preparing grant proposals, intellectual property filings, presentations in meetings, scientific conferences; publishing research papers in Journals / conference proceedings as defined in the project scope and agreements
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Sciences preferred.
- Domain knowledge and experience: more than 10 years relevant experience with a strong research track record in fields of relevance to ERI@N would be essential.
- RD&D leadership: Demonstrated leadership in RD&D in energy research; strong publications, or intellectual property track record is essential.
- Communication and leadership: Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individual and professional groups. Able to motivate the team members, provide mentorship and support team building.
- Industrial experience either by having work in industry research or technical leadership capacity or having done projects with industry partners on projects which had deployment-based validation preferred.
- Able to work in and lead interdisciplinary teams with a wide variety of competences and a high level of diversity.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU