LPL Solar is a self-perform solar EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) company headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, managing long-standing relationships with utilities and large IPPs (Independent Power Producers) in the U.S. Our leadership team has over 20 GW of solar construction experience with over 200 cumulative projects completed in thirteen states and the Province of Ontario, Canada.
Unlike some EPCs, LPL self-performs the construction of many of the build components of a utility-scale solar plant. Skills and experience gained in self-perform construction pay significant dividends as our colleague’s progress into different opportunities within the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall project management and oversight of large-scale utility solar projects.
- Assist in tracking budget delivery, scheduling, change orders, and purchase orders.
- Maintain relationships between the customers and subcontractors.
- Monitors construction activities, productivities, and create daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Administer QA/QC program as work progresses.
- Assist project manager and O&M team to effectively close out projects.
- Assists Project Manager and company schedulers to manage and update project schedule.
- Assists Project Manager to contract and manage Subcontractors and vendors for the site.
- Coordinate with engineering and field team to trouble shoot field challenges.
- Assists in cost forecasting for projects.
- Conducts trade pre-construction meetings, coordinates subcontractors and vendors, coordinates permit inspections, and maintains any subcontractor relationships.
- Assists project engineers with RFI’s & Submittals.
- Works closely with engineering team to come up with solutions for any challenges that may be encountered in the field.
- Manages Subcontractors onsite to ensure that project is on schedule and within budget.
- Qualified candidates must have an associate degree or equivalent experience2-4 years’ experience as an Assistant Project Manager on large-scale utility solar projects or field experience working on site on Large Scale Utility Solar projects
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office programs
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel to different solar projects throughout the United States.