We’re looking for candidates with a relevant Electrical Engineering degree – a ECSA Registered Professional is a bonus – with at least 4 years of project experience within the renewable energy space to extend our Project Engineering Team. We want to know about the projects you’ve been involved with and if you’ve had previous involvement with projects under Residential or commercial space
The key roles for the Battery Energy Storage & Solar PV System Engineer will be design and engineering of Battery Energy Storage Systems and Solar PV Systems during Sales and Execution phase, as outlined below:
- Application of Engineering knowledge to design battery storage and solar systems (~5MWp to ~100MWp + Batteries).
- Create and review electrical schematics, cable calculations, determine quantities, select equipment and specify all components to provide the optimal configuration for Battery-Storage and Solar systems.
- Undertake system modelling (HOMER, PVsyst, internal tools)
- Technical support for tender preparation.
- Technical support during construction / execution design.
- Responsible for the integration of containerized batteries with battery inverter stations
- Support component evaluation, specification and selection based on cost vs. performance benefit.
- Technical support for Request for Quotation preparation and offers evaluation.
- Development into a highly seasoned Solar and Battery Storage professional with the support of the local and global Engineering Team
- Interface with internal stakeholders (project managers, project engineers, product engineers, procurement, sales team;) and external stakeholders to ensure consistent communication.
- Support international projects remotely with design assessments and your expertise.
- Electrical Engineering degree (or similar)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in battery-storage and/or solar systems engineering design
- Strong understanding of battery-storage and solar (Photovoltaic) power systems
- Ability to work within a local and international design team
- Strong understanding and skills of design programs/systems (Homer, PVSyst etc.)
- Willing to travel as required on occasion
- Strong understanding and skills of design programs/systems CAD
- Understanding of the relationship between technical and commercial project requirements
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing