Are you looking for an exciting new career, where experience and education are not required, and you have a chance to learn and grow?Solar energy in the United States is booming
. Employment of solar photovoltaic installers is projected to grow 27 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations. Solar is quickly becoming the primary source of energy all over the world. In the near future, renewable energy sources will provide more energy to homes than coal, gas, and oil.
Exact Solar offers a great culture, work-life balance, benefits, and advancement opportunities. We’ve been installing solar for 18+ years in Eastern PA and NJ, and we’re growing quickly. Our average entry-level solar installer sees wages grow 10-20%+ over their first year with us, as they get experience, learn the trade, take on more responsibilities, and get training certifications under their belt.
Unlike many of the larger, corporate solar installation companies, all of Exact Solar’s project work is local, and we are very consistent with our project schedule, offering steady work. We also only expect normal working hours from our team, unless extra hours are desired. We emphasize healthy work/life balance. We work safely, focus on quality, make sure customers are happy, and treat our team well.
Exact Solar is also a very community-minded company, offering opportunities to our team to be involved in volunteerism and other ways to give back.
More about the Solar Installer Role at Exact Solar
The Solar Installer is an integral member of Exact Solar's Installation team. The ideal candidate will work cooperatively with other team members to successfully complete the installation of residential and small commercial PV solar systems safely and on time. Safe work practices and excellent communication skills are essential. OSHA and installer training will be provided.
Become part of the Exact Solar family. Our professional, team-based culture provides a supportive, staff-oriented environment that inspires award-winning service and the best customer experience from first contact through the life of the solar energy system.
Exact Solar - 2022 Recipient of the Greater Philadelphia Civic 50 Award for most community-connected and civic-minded private businesses. Top 500 Solar Installer in North America 2014 - 2021; Earned Angie's List Super Service Award 7 out of 8 years (2013-2020); Inc. 5000 company 2017 -2020; Best of Philly 2021, Best of Bucks 2019 - 2021!; Join our growing team to help our neighbors eliminate their utility bills, save money, and hasten the transition to a cleaner future.
- Layout, assembly and installation of solar array and mounting hardware
- Assist with the electrical wiring of all energy products
- Prepare and clean-up job site
- Pull materials for each installation job
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to all customers throughout the process
- Represent Exact Solar as a field contact for the customer, interact with the customer with integrity, always displaying a professional appearance and attitude.
Skill Sets Include:
- Roofing, general construction, carpentry, or similar trade experience are valued
- Ability to safely handle tools and materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, batteries, and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions (example: hot sun, cold weather, etc.)
- Capable of working at heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders and stairs; and performing repetitive duties, including lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time
- Experience using basic hand and power tools
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering the highest quality end-product possible is required
- Reliability and an excellent, positive attitude are essential
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment screening requirements and have valid drivers license and ability to drive or have other transportation daily to/from our warehouse in Newtown, PA
Benefits for Full-Time Positions:
- Competitive compensation, plus bonuses for completed projects
- SIGNING BONUS! Must stay with us for a minimum time period to receive full signing bonus
- Annual bonuses based on company and personal performance
- Raises offered more frequently than the traditional annual review cycle, based on merit
- Paid training and professional development, opportunities for certifications
- 401k retirement plan (4% company matching)
- Excellent company health insurance through Independence Blue Cross available (premiums deducted from pay pre-tax, company pays 25% in 2023, increasing to 50% in 2024)
- Flexible/generous PTO policy - 12 paid PTO days plus 8 paid company holidays
- Other group benefits include short and long-term disability, life insurance and dental insurance.
- Employee referral program
Current Employee Testimonial:
When asking one of our current installers about what inspired him to join Exact Solar, he recently shared that our locally-owned business was a major draw for him. He values being a part of a tight-knit company that feels like a second family. Additionally, our diverse range of work opportunities, including installations for generators and commercial businesses, was particularly appealing to him. His decision to join Exact Solar was driven by his desire to work for a business that values community and provides ample opportunities for professional growth.