Tulsa Zoo Management, Inc.
Position Title: Attractions Operator
Reports To: Attractions Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Safety-Sensitive: Yes; candidates must pass a pre-placement drug screening prior to beginning work.
Attractions Operators are fun, outgoing, and family-friendly individuals responsible for delivering the highest level of guest service at all points of contact while operating OneOK Safari Trains, Arvest Wildlife Carousel, and Hardesty Gem Dig & Sluice. Attractions Operators must be able to work independently while successfully engaging with the public, accurately handling money, and adhering to stringent safety standards.
Free benefits enjoyed by part-time employees:
- Tulsa Zoo membership
- Health Advocate
- Free virtual medical and mental health provider
Candidates with the following competencies will be strongly preferred:
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Uses humor in a positive and constructive way
- Represents collective interests over personal gains
- Actively participates in conservation efforts, whether internal or external
- Relates well to all kinds of people, building rapport with diplomacy and tact
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement personally and professionally
- One to three months related experience and/or training.
- Proficient communication in English, basic math skills, ability to operate a variety of basic computer software, and the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
What to expect:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Substantial standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, talking, hearing; moderate sitting and moderate lifting up to 60lbs.
- Substantial work near moving mechanical parts, in outdoor weather conditions and at high noise levels; minimal exposure to fumes.
Tulsa Zoo Management, Inc. (TZMI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of “Connecting, Caring, Advocating for Wildlife, People, and Wild Places.” A dynamic group of passionate individuals brings the zoo to life each day, 365 days per year, caring for animals, greeting guests, educating the public and managing the facilities. Each member of the team is integral to the success of the zoo as a key asset in the City of Tulsa and the Northeast Oklahoma region, delivering recreational opportunities, providing unplugged family time, and conserving animal species for future generations.