- BSEE / BSEET or equivalent training or military schooling (for example Navy Nuclear Field A School & Power School or similar military training).
- Experience with power distribution systems; both their operation and maintenance. Strong knowledge of both Electrical theory, motor theory and protection relaying.
- Experience with EasyPower (or similar) Electrical software. Ability to use AutoCad.
- Strong knowledge of modern industrial electrical and electronic equipment (VFD/VSDs, PLC, Electronic Relays, etc.).
- Industrial or Heavy Industrial (Steel, Aluminum, Cement, Paper, etc) Project Engineering or Management experience.
- Ability to lead projects and ensure that all safety, schedule, cost and other project requirements are met.
- Experience with modern electrical preventive and predictive maintenance technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of key contracting terms, types and language. Ability to assist Purchasing and Operations groups with the negotiation of both equipment and construction contracts. Understanding of contract Terms and Conditions.
- Experience leading contractors during construction projects (Brownfield preferred). Ability to lead various technical and skilled labor contractors, while maintaining a high labor efficiency and ensuring a safe work environment.
- Committed to a safe workplace. Ability to work with various stakeholders to drive the jobsite to a 0 injury workplace. Understanding of various OSHA, NFPA and other safety rules.
- As Project Manager successfully initiate, execute and properly close out capital projects assigned.
- Maintain a safe and reliable plant power distribution system.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Reports to: Engineering and Facilities Manager
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills require.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Radius Recycling participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Radius Recycling or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Radius Recycling does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.