An Equipment Operator operates and drives various types of motorized lift equipment and heavy vehicles. The position also assists with completing general maintenance duties on equipment and vehicles.
- Responsible for the safe operation of various types of motorized lift equipment and vehicles.
- Perform general maintenance of equipment and vehicles including fueling, lubrication, washing.
- Drive and operate packer, bobcat, front-end-loader, and transport collected heavy debris to transfer station or dump site.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
- Communicate with others immediately when responding to an incident or an emergency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Reporting Structure: Reports to Maintenance Foreman
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time 40 hrs per week position which regularly requires flexible hours and frequent weekend work.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License.
- Proof of current Auto Insurance
Preferred Education and Experience: Previous work experience operating and servicing vehicles or machinery.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, chemicals and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, or moderately loud when in the field.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and additional duties may be assigned, or existing duties may be modified, at any time to meet the needs of the organization.
Memphis Zoo is a drug free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and background check.