Solar Gaines is growing, and we are looking to add to our expanding team. The crew lead is a working foreman whose primary task will be leading and facilitating PV installations on commercial solar projects. The Foreman supervises Solar Gaines electrical crew and/or Subcontractor electrical crews responsible for the installation of solar PV systems, monitoring the safety and quality of the Subcontractor’s work and ensuring the work progresses in accordance with the contract documents Candidates must have a clean driving record, reliable transportation, and be able to commute.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- During construction, lead and facilitate work on solar projects. Th
- Monitors the crew's daily work plans to ensure the highest level of workmanship in all elements of the job. Provides guidance and direction with respect to the project quality and safety requirements.
- Ensure the high-quality installation of electrical portions of the project, including underground cabling, mod-to-mod wiring, and DC collection system.
- Adhere to and enforce all project policies and procedures.
- Monitor progress to ensure work is planned and executed in accordance with the project priorities.
- Coordinate with other discipline subcontractors with regard to access and sequencing.
- Monitor material inventory control of system components and hardware.
- Ensures crew maintains neat work areas and efficient utilization of laydown areas.
- Monitor Safety, Quality, and Efficiency of electrical work on the project.
- Ensure the electrical crew has resources and support.
- Experience working with commercial PV systems, 600V and 1000V DC systems, single and three-phase systems, and communications and lighting systems.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning solar systems and electrical components.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with the superintendent and project manager.
- Ensure NEC electrical code compliance as related to solar PV installations and inspections.
- Complete tasks safely, correctly, and on schedule.
- Willingness to assist with non-electrical and DC side work.
- Coach/teach installers and apprentices
- Working knowledge of NEC and local electrical codes as they relate to solar PV installations and inspection compliance.
- Experience reading blueprints, plans, and manufacturer specs.
- Effective management and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in using computers.
- Experience implementing quality control standards and assessing safety hazards to ensure job site safety and satisfy OSHA requirements.
- Can lift 50 lbs. and is comfortable working from elevated environments.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of commercial construction supervision experience
- OSHA 10 certification
- Must be able to read construction drawings/diagrams and develop a working plan for implementation of the design.
- Basic math skills and reading comprehension.
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions to understand simple processes
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Demonstrate competence necessary to perform the work.
- Solar Experience is highly preferred.
We offer stable employment with attractive compensation and benefits packages designed to reward hard work, dependability and quality workmanship. Electricians who progress through our platform and perform at a high level are rewarded through increases in salary and responsibility and we have a healthy backlog of projects.