With multiple solutions to offer, this role is focused on selling turnkey commercial solar projects.
Regional Vice President
Our client designs and delivers a portfolio of environmentally friendly solutions that support corporate sustainability goals and objectives. The portfolio includes renewable-powered outdoor lighting systems powered by solar, wind, and storage, commercial solar systems, microgrid systems, and LED retrofits for indoor and outdoor commercial/industrial lighting. Our client is seeking an experienced Sales Director to drive the rapid growth of this business within an assigned region. This position is responsible for leading all sales activities in a defined geographical area with target customer groups, including commercial & industrial real estate owners and developers, state & local governments, universities, and other attractive segments.
- This is a self-starter, self-motivated position requiring extensive travel within the assigned geographic region. Relocation should be optional.
- Establish plans and strategies to expand our client's customer base in the assigned region.
- Develop a pipeline of renewable lighting systems, commercial solar, and LED retrofit lighting opportunities in the defined region with direct responsibility for assigned new order targets. Develop additional sales channels through independent representatives to increase the sales footprint within the region.
- Maintained all customer, and pipeline activity records through the company CRM tool with frequent reports on status to management.
- Identify prospective customers and lead customer engagement through to order closure.
- Manage RFP responses by driving the process across various internal and external partners.
- Support the financial analysis and modeling of the renewable and LED technology benefits to support customer justification.
- Attend trade shows during the year to create leads and ensure the marketing and sales goals are met, and new business is developed.
- In conjunction with Upper Management, establish consistent pricing policies and procedures to ensure maximum margins while maintaining competitive pricing models.
- Maintain working knowledge of industry trends and developments and competitor activities and strategies.
- Coordinate and manage competitive analysis and ongoing competitive and market landscape tracking activities.
- Led the transition of secured contracts to project management and execution teams.
- This is a self-starter, self-motivated position requiring extensive travel within the assigned geographic region. Relocation is not expected or required.
- Candidate must have direct marketing, sales, and contracting experience working for or with commercial real estate owners, developers, or construction companies. Additional experience with municipal and county governments and or universities is a plus.
- C&I Rooftop Solar experience is greatly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in consistently hitting multi-million dollar quotas.
- NABCEP Technical Sales Certification is a plus.
- Experience building third-party sales channels preferred.
- Knowledge of renewable technology, energy efficiency, and sustainability business processes is preferred.
- Ability to perform (or be taught to perform) primary site surveys as needed to gather information for Engineering.
- A network of relationships with target customer communities and associations is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Formal sales training is preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information to public groups, C-level management, and boards of directors.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & DETAILS:
- Minimum BS, BA Degree with MBA Preferred
- Experience with solar system modeling software is preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience with Hubspot, Salesforce, Zoho, or comparable CRM platform