A leading solar company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Solar Installation Electrician (3-phase) to join their team.
- Installation and Wiring: Install solar panels, inverters, batteries, and associated electrical components following wiring diagrams and manufacturer guidelines. Connect and route wiring to the appropriate electrical systems, including three-phase systems, to ensure efficient power distribution.
- Maintenance and Repair: Perform routine inspections, maintenance, and troubleshooting of solar power systems. Identify and resolve electrical issues, such as faulty connections, damaged wiring, or malfunctioning components. Repair or replace defective parts as needed.
- Electrical Safety: Adhere to all safety regulations and industry standards when working with electrical systems. Follow proper lockout procedures and use personal protective equipment (PPE) to minimise risks and ensure a safe working environment.
- Testing and Commissioning: Conduct testing and commissioning activities to verify the functionality and performance of solar power systems. Use specialised tools and equipment to measure electrical parameters, diagnose faults, and ensure compliance with system specifications.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate documentation of all installation, maintenance, and repair activities. Prepare detailed reports on system performance, issues encountered, and solutions implemented. Provide recommendations for system improvements and upgrades.
- Collaboration and Communication: Coordinate with team members, project managers, and other stakeholders to ensure timely completion of projects. Communicate effectively to convey technical information, project progress, and any potential challenges or delays.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with industry trends, technological advancements, and regulatory changes related to solar power systems. Participate in training programs, workshops, and certifications to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Issue Certificate of Compliance: Issue a COC upon successful completion of installation. Should a site not meet standards, communicate with relevant stakeholders such as project manager, site manager and team leader to ensure errors have been corrected. Should an error occur which is fixable immediately, then this will need to be completed directly on site to ensure no time delays occur with the installation.
- Valid 3-phase wireman’s license as approved by the Department of Labour.
- Experience with issuing certificate of compliance (COC) for a minimum of one (1) year.
- Trade Test
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or emailing your CV to [email protected]
You are welcome to contact Rebecca or Nehelene on 021 551 8638.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.