Job Description – Superintendent
Berry Construction Company, a leading General Contractor in the Southeast, is actively seeking a
Construction Superintendent. The ideal candidate for this position will be expected to complete
construction projects from start to finish by planning, organizing, and controlling the projects’
onsite duties. He/She will perform safety, quality, and scheduled production inspections and
coordinate/supervise subcontractors and staff to meet onsite project requirements.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining onsite employees. Other human resource duties
- include: communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, reviewing/approving job payments; conferring with supervisory personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within the workforce; and adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Partners with Estimating, Division Management and Project Management to supervise, direct, and coordinate management of construction projects, including direct liaison with owners, designers, and subcontractors to ensure efficient and orderly job completion. Other operational duties include: contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; preparing project status reports; preparing daily reports, progress reports, compliance reports and logs; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolving problems; and identifying onsite management system improvements.
- Manages subcontractors by monitoring subcontractor performance and compliance with subcontract terms. Approves subcontractor scope by conducting inspections at critical phases and obtaining approvals from owners.
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures, identifying variances and implementing corrective actions.
- Adheres to construction project schedule by defining project purpose and scope, calculating resources required, establishing standards and protocols, allocating resources, scheduling and coordinating staff and subcontractors, evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions, identifying and resolving design problems, and evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities i.e. OSHA-10 Hour, First Aid CPR, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances the company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job requirements.
- Safety: Employees work requires knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) pertaining to construction safety, and supervisory techniques, personnel policies, and procedures. Gathers evidence and prepares reports on code violation complaints and construction accidents and fatalities. Documents violations through notes, sketches, measurements, and photographs.
- Quality: Review process by which superintendents review the quality of all factors involved with on-site production. Ensures and controls products in place meet plans and specifications.
- Coordination: Run the day-to-day operations on the construction site and control the short-term schedule. The role of the superintendent also includes important quality control and subcontractor coordination responsibilities.
- Material Delivery: Identifies and manages that specified materials are delivered on-site to meet project needs.
- Job Evaluations: Involved in monitoring project cost and profitability with the Project Manager and Superintendent through project completion.
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Collaboration Skills and the ability to maintain relationships with clients
- Strong Quality Management Skills
- Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
- Industry / Technical Skills
- Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills and Communication Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Proficient in pdf viewer (bluebeam, adobe, etc..)
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA safety requirements
- A strong work ethic and the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Must be capable of working in a variety of physical positions which include, but not limited to, sitting, standing, kneeling, squatting, walking and driving
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move or position objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must have a minimum 5-8 years of experience as a Superintendent and 15 years of total construction experience. Solar experience is a plus.
- Must be able to read and decipher construction documents
- Experience as a Lead Superintendent on at least one project preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license
- SWPPP credentials
- OSHA-10 Hour Certification
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Per diem (if applicable)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Berry Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Agency Inquiries Please
Berry Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Berry Construction Company will not pay a placement fee in connection with any such unsolicited resumes.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job-related disability, or any other protected group status.