Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Carbon Capture and Sequestration, based in Houston, TX.
Venture Global is developing two carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) facilities:
- The Venture Global CCS Cameron, LLC CO2 Sequestration Project will sequester carbon dioxide (CO2) from the Calcasieu Pass and CP2 LNG terminals in Cameron Parish.
- The Venture Global CCS Plaquemines, LLC CO2 Sequestration Project will sequester CO2 from the Plaquemines LNG terminal in Plaquemines Parish.
This position will manage and provide technical support for the development, engineering, and operation of the Company’s CCS facilities and will work with multi-disciplinary teams, including Developments, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, and Operations.
- Manage permitting obligations associated with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and/or Louisiana Department of Natural Resources (LDNR) Class VI well permit applications, including overseeing third-party consultants performing tasks related to permit acquisition and operations-related reporting.
- Lead application development and acquisition of drilling-related permits and authorizations from regulatory agencies (EPA, LDNR, etc.).
- Coordinate and interface with Engineering during the front-end engineering design and detailed engineering processes of the onshore and nearshore components of the CCS facilities.
- Provide technical support to Environmental, Regulatory, and Air permitting teams to assist in acquisition of environmental permits associated with the CCS facilities.
- Develop and execute Class VI well testing and monitoring plans and supervise submittal of reports and notifications to regulatory agencies, as required.
- Develop and maintain the CCS facilities plans and procedures per regulatory and Company requirements and update project documents, as needed.
- Oversee compliance with CCS facilities permits, legislation, and Company standards.
- Support operation of the CCS facilities through engagement with the Operations team and provide guidance to facilitate regulatory compliance.
- Serve as the Company’s Subject Matter Expert on Class VI wells and maintain ongoing knowledge of applicable regulations, including analysis of proposed regulations and potential impacts to the Company’s CCS facilities.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in petroleum, mechanical, or chemical engineering or commensurate experience in a management role.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in drilling, completions, or production. operations, with emphasis on enhanced oil recovery and demonstrated technical and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and competency in injection well regulations, permitting, reporting, and compliance preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work within a team with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.