Reports To: Manager of Audits/ Director of Audits
Location: New York, NY
Salary: Band 4- $75,000 - $95,000
Bright Power works with forward thinking owners and developers to identify, design, and implement custom energy and water solutions on a wide variety of systems. Our team is comprised of a diverse, talented, and hard-working group of individuals committed to growing this industry and to making a positive impact on the environment.
Bright Power has been a transformative player in clean energy and sustainable housing for 15 years. Our Clients include affordable housing owners and developers, Fortune 1000 financial and real estate investors, privately held firms, and some of the nation’s largest property managers.
We are passionate about reducing energy and water usage through the implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Our goal is to improve the health, comfort, and value of our client’s buildings, while cultivating a sustainable future. We believe deeply in doing well by doing good and come to work every day seeking to change the world.
The Energy Engineer oversees and supports the evaluation, development, and design of energy efficiency and capital improvement projects (e.g. energy auditing, energy management, and sustainable design).
Seeking candidates who can start in June 2023. Multiple roles open.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates the economic, engineering, or pragmatic feasibility of energy efficiency improvement projects.
- Conducts cost-benefit analyses, determines the potential return on investments, evaluates plans or system layouts, designs objectives, aligns resources, determines project scope and ensures compliance with Federal, State, or local laws.
- Conducts energy audits and site assessments to evaluate energy usage and identify energy saving and related improvement opportunities.
- Inspects and monitors primary energy flow of energy systems in building and facilities.
- Analyzes building utility bills to determine practical energy usage and trends.
- Prepares reports and technical documents and presents findings to property managers, building owners, co-op/condominium boards, and other decision makers at client buildings.
- Must have 2 plus years of energy engineering and/or auditing experience.
- Must have ASHRAE level audit experience, LL 87, 95 and 97 knowledge.
- Knowledge of control theory, sustainable design, automatic environmental control systems, building automation systems, or other building subsystems.
- Knowledge of incentive program rules and regulations and the ability to evaluate the best program for a project.
- Knowledge of lifecycle analysis of facility efficiency and energy conservation projects.
- Experience inspecting or monitoring energy systems, including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to determine energy use or potential energy savings.
- Experience in reviewing architectural, mechanical, or electrical plans and specifications to evaluate energy efficiency or determine economic, service, or engineering feasibility.
- Experience performing energy audits, identifying energy savings opportunities, using tools and technology to compare cost effective energy options and making recommendations to achieve more energy efficient operation.
- High proficiency in Excel and excellent computer skills
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with key stakeholders, including property management companies and building management staff, in order to exchange information, explain the project, ensure understanding of programs, and to coordinate compliance efforts.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
In addition to working with incredible people, Bright Power offers competitive benefits. Find the list of our benefits offered on our careers home page
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Bright Power provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bright Power complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Bright Power expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bright Power’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.