As our new Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will be part of our global Offshore Wind Engineering department. You will join a team of highly talented and engaged engineers at the forefront of innovative and complex design techniques. You will take on responsibility for your own design deliverables, lead the geotechnical design on projects and drive technology developments to create innovative solutions – with the aim of shaping and enhancing our service delivery. A Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering is a prerequisite for this role as well as multiple years of experience in respective fields, ideally within the offshore wind business.
If you crave a challenging role but also flexibility and work life balance, this role may be ideal for you. The position will be based in either our London or Bristol offices, but our hybrid work model allows you to split your time between working in the office and working from home.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
World leader in wind energy
Ramboll is a world leader in offshore wind with a unique value proposition. We have been involved in more than 70% of all operating offshore wind farms globally. With our international, multidisciplinary and wind energy specific competencies, we are a true full-range service provider for offshore wind energy projects in all its phases. Ramboll supports clients globally to identify, evaluate and quantify both risks and opportunities, allowing them to make well educated, strategic decisions based on practical offshore wind project development, financing and execution experience, combined with world-class engineering know-how.
We are among the very few consultancies in the world, providing engineering services for bottom-fixed as well as floating wind foundations. Since 2007 we have been involved in floating offshore wind and today have a dedicated team of experts supporting clients globally.
Within Ramboll, over 500 highly qualified experts are working on onshore and offshore wind projects globally, operating primarily from our 15 key offices across the Nordics, Germany, UK, Poland, Spain, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands and the US.
Your key tasks and responsibilities
As part of a multidisciplinary project team, you will take on diverse tasks and responsibilities in international projects of varied complexity and scale, such as:
- Geotechnical design of offshore support structures including numerical modelling
- Planning and interpretation of offshore geotechnical site surveys
- Documenting project results as well as attending and conducting project meetings with clients
- Coordination of project developments in the bid and execution phases
- Management of the geotechnical discipline within projects
- Potentially people management responsibility
- Contribution to technical development
- Close cooperation with other locations across Europe, Americas and APAC
- You have successfully completed your master’s degree or PhD in civil engineering, preferably with a focus geotechnical engineering,
- You have several years of work and practical experience in geotechnical engineering, wind energy and/or numerical modelling and seismic design,
- You have experience working in the offshore wind industry,
- Programming skills preferably in Matlab or Python will be a benefit,
- You can work on your own initiative, but also enjoy working in a team,
- You are a communicative personality that can interface comfortably with clients,
- You describe your way of working as reliable, solution-oriented and systematic,
- Fluent in both written and spoken English when interfacing with various disciplines and stakeholders, both in person and virtually
How to apply?
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. Ramboll is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and we welcome applications from under-represented groups in STEM, such as women, LGBTQ+ and BAME communities, and people with a disability. We look forward to receiving your application.