Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
This position reports to the Corporate Reporting Manager under the Global Business & Finance Services (GBFS) organization. The role will perform various corporate accounting functions and oversight as well as support for financial reporting. Focus areas include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in preparation and analyses of consolidated Financial Statement reports for Cycle reviews and Legal Entity reviews. Also perform tie-out of business units consolidated balances.
- Assist in the gathering and reviewing of consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial information for internal and external reporting, audits, reviews and tax compliance
- Apply accounting guidance to specific transactions to properly reflect in the consolidated financial statement
- Prepare and upload manual journal entries and perform account reconciliations during month-end close
- Prepare and review select manual journal entries and account reconciliations and make practical recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency of processes
- Supports special projects and process improvements for the team
- Provide support for ad hoc inquiries and requests from other teams
- Other corporate accounting duties as assigned
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Graduate of BS Accountancy, preferably CPA
- At least 4 years of experience in Accounting in a multi-national environment
- Audit experience with one of the Big 4 is a plus
- Highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail; highly organized
- Able to handle multiple projects with the ability to budget time productively
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Can work well at different levels of the organization and in a fast-faced and dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be open to travel and work off-sit
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- This is an FTE position
- Candidate must be willing to work in Binan Laguna
- Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the Philippines
- Candidate must be willing to render overtime as business requires (weekends, US/PH holidays)
- Candidate must be flexible to work on a night shift schedule supporting North America region
- Candidate will be on flexible work arrangement (combination of onsite and remote work) (if applicable depending on the nature of the job)
- Tool of Trade: Laptop/Desktop, Extended Monitor, Headset (as needed)
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/All Genders/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.