- Bachelor’s Degree in an EHS-related discipline, Science, or Engineering.
- At least 10 years experience, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Have demonstrated experience in managing large budgets >$3M in an Operational or Project context within the Pharmaceutical or other similarly regulated industry.
- Possess highly effective leadership ability, including strong communication, motivation, influencing and team building skills at multiple levels, up to and including executive Management.
- Knowledge of cGxP's and regulatory changes in the industry.
- Show initiative to recognize emerging problems and proactively develop solutions.
- Stimulate and manage change effectively.
- Key Stakeholders
- External regulatory agencies, manufacturing sites management, business functions.
- Working weekends may be requested if needed as per business needs.
The Sr. EHS Manager provides overall leadership for the Safety and Environmental Departments at the manufacturing sites, driving strategy, excellence in safety performance, environmental compliance, energy and emissions reduction strategies, and certification with relevant notified bodies aligned with the AbbVie Global EHS strategy and goals.
- Implement relevant AbbVie Global policies and practices in relation to EHS and ensure manufacturing sites' safety and environmental compliance with all relevant agencies and regulatory bodies, OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Provide business perspective, strategic and tactical direction to develop and implement EHS initiatives for the EHS Long range plan. Develop and maintain Site EHS standards, policies, systems and programs applicable to area of responsibility.
- Drive and lead the EHS department to align with site goals and develop programs and continuous improvement efforts that support safely delivering output.
- Provide EHS leadership and direction for management, professional, technical, and support staff in areas of responsibility and manage annual department budget.
- Ensure systems are in place to enable areas of responsibility to operate in legal and ethical compliance with regard to EHS issues.
- Authority to represent AbbVie externally on matters related to EHS with external regulatory agencies and non-government organizations. Maintain a broad understanding of local, regional, and global EHS regulations and practices for areas of responsibility.
- Along with Global EHS, establish targets for reduction in all emission streams and work with relevant departments to create strategies to achieve.