Johnson & Johnson MedTech is recruiting for a Senior Manager Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Environmental Compliance MedTech, located in New Brunswick, NJ or any MedTech location in the United States.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $94.9 billion in 2022 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The J&J Sr. Manager EH&S Environmental Compliance MedTech is a technical expert in environmental aspects (the prevention of environmental contamination and the preservation of natural resources to create and sustain a healthy planet) and as such is considered as the global subject matter expert for environment within MedTech. This EH&S domain is critical to J&J as it protects our right to operate and reduces the environmental risks and impacts within the Company. This individual must demonstrate a depth of knowledge and experience in environmental aspects and impacts and is expected to recognize and control environmental risks. This role will also partner with the Office of Sustainability to co-develop strategies and execute plans to achieve long-term environmental sustainability goals. The breadth of responsibility requires a person who can communicate effectively at all levels and across multiple cultures.
The Sr. Manager EH&S Environmental Compliance MedTech must work with leaders and staff in all parts of our business to assure success in Company-wide environmental programs. This individual must collaborate effectively with a wide variety of operating company personnel, ranging from site-based manufacturing staff to organizational leaders.
- Manages the co-development and deployment of an environmental strategy to ensure environmental regulatory compliance, site-based sustainability, and achievement of long-term environmental programs & goals. Establishes and continuously improves the environmental chapters of the EH&S Standards (Air, Water & Wastewater Management, Hazardous & Non-Hazardous Waste, Storage Tanks, Remediation, etc.) Identifies and implements strategies to close compliance gaps in environmental processes and programs.
- Provides technical guidance and solutions on environmental challenges to the global engineering community and EH&S professionals on cost effective environmental compliance strategies. Develops and deploys environmental tools, technology and training that provide value to the business. Develops internal environmental competency by delivering guidance and training solutions related to the environment by coaching & mentoring less experienced employees with environmental responsibilities.
- Directly influences business leaders toward capital investments to control environmental risks & accelerate innovation. Establishes an environmental network within MedTech to govern and ensure execution of key programs and processes. Establishes and monitors key environmental metrics, providing analysis and reporting, both for internal purposes and for external reporting such as the annual sustainability report & external investor and customer surveys.
- Represents the company at external environmental forums and benchmarking groups and brings back technologies and solutions seen to demonstrate value. Identifies and analyzes innovative solutions to company environmental challenges. Participates in horizon scanning and business impact analyses for environmental compliance and sustainability issues that may impact our operations. Supports the ENHESA tool utilization at all MedTech properties.
- Supports the global EH&S Assurance process and leads technical audits as the MedTech Environmental SME. Owns the SIF-P for environment classification governance process. Owns the remediation activities for the sector. Partners with legal and third-parties to resolve past and future remediation issues. Leads tiger teams and third-party studies related to environmental challenges within the MedTech businesses.
- University/Bachelor's or equivalent degree required.
Experience and Skills\:
- Minimum ten (10) years related experience
- Expert technical knowledge in Environmental disciplines
- Demonstrated effective collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure operational responsiveness to challenges and alignment with business imperatives.
- Experience in deployment of sustainability initiatives
- Strong project management skills and delivers results.
- Excellent interpersonal, English communication (written & verbal), problem-solving, influence, planning, organizing, and time management skills are required. A superior team player is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with regulators and associates.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action.
- Be an expert resource for sector/ franchises & facilities during external audits/inspections by government agencies.
- Build competency and serve as a mentor, teacher, and coach in building technical and leadership capability of subject matter experts, EH&S professionals, and IOSS communities in environmental stewardship supporting all regions globally.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex information in an easily understood manner
- Experience working in a matrix / corporate environment
- Experience in leading employee campaigns and initiatives, technically and digitally savvy with analytical skills
- Experience with international audiences and companies
- 25% travel both domestic and international.
- The anticipated base pay range for this position is $118,000 to 203,550.
- The anticipated base pay range for this position, in the Bay Area, is $136,000 to $234,140.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees and/or eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the following Company sponsored employee benefit programs\: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, business accident insurance, and group legal insurance.
- Employees may be eligible to participate in the Company’s consolidated retirement plan (pension) and savings plan (401(k)).
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s long-term incentive program.
- Employees are eligible for the following time off benefits\:
– Vacation – up to 120 hours per calendar year
– Sick time - up to 40 hours per calendar year; for employees who reside in the State of Washington – up to 56 hours per calendar year
– Holiday pay, including Floating Holidays – up to 13 days per calendar year
– Work, Personal and Family Time - up to 40 hours per calendar year
- For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to\:
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.