The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association for the solar and storage industry and represents more than 1,000 member companies and 255,000 Americans working across the United States. SEIA is leading the transformation to a clean energy economy and is creating the framework for solar to reach 30% of U.S. electricity generation by 2030. We work with our member companies and strategic partners to fight for policies that create jobs in every community and shape fair market rules that promote competition and the growth of reliable, low-cost solar power.
SEIA does this by supporting pro-solar policies at the state and federal levels, developing cutting-edge market research, hosting educational events and webinars, and serving as the voice of the solar and storage industry.
SEIA employees are passionate, forward-thinking leaders that start every day knowing that their work makes a difference. SEIA values diversity and fosters an inclusive, lively company culture that celebrates team success. The association has earned numerous awards for its work and company culture and was named by the Washington Post as a 2023 Top Workplace and the Best Nonprofit to Work For by the Nonprofit Times.
This position requires a cover letter to be submitted with a resume. Please also include a link to your portfolio in the cover letter.
The Senior Manager of Branding and Design is a highly collaborative and cross-cutting role that works across departments to manage SEIA’s visual presence through graphic design, collateral creation, brand management, and more. This role oversees all of SEIA’s visual products across a variety of mediums and work with SEIA staff to help improve, streamline, and professionalize their products and work outputs. This position will have to supervise three other team members. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Communications.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage SEIA’s visual brand and sub-brands for events and important reports
- Update SEIA’s various templates for staff to utilize, including PowerPoint, and Adobe Suite templates for the communications team
- Lead SEIA’s event branding to curate unique visual identities for SEIA’s various events, including RE+ and regional trade shows, SEIA’s premiere events, board meetings, etc.
- Collaborate with Senior Manager of Web Content Strategy to ensure SEIA’s brand is effectively represented on SEIA’s various web properties
- Manage the creation of collateral, including reports, factsheets, whitepapers, social media graphics, print materials, PowerPoints, and other graphic needs
- Work with SEIA staff to better visualize their work and find new ways to present information and data
- Update SEIA’s various templates for staff to utilize
- Lead creation of SEIA’s event materials and visual identity, including booth design, print materials, and other visual elements of our premiere events and RE+ shows
- Collaborate with comms team on campaigns, graphics, and other visual needs
Professional Experience, Education & Other Qualifications
- Excellent graphic design skills. Must know how to use Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.), Figma, Canvas, etc.
- Video production/editing skills preferred. (after effects, premier pro, audition, etc.)
- Well-organized and able to multi-task and strategically prioritize
- Excellent visual communication skills and excel in the visual expression of ideas
- Willingness to try out new tools and find new ways to streamline tasks
- Excellent creativity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work across teams to understand their priorities and execute their visions within SEIA’s brand
- Have a wide breadth of knowledge of the solar industry
- Ability to manage a team of designers
- Strong writing skills
- 5-7 years of work experience in branding, graphic design, and visual communications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, design, or a related field
- Ability to stay on top of visual trends and engage in professional development to improve relevant skills
- SEIA employees in the Washington, D.C. region follow a hybrid remote and in-person office model. Employees work 3 days a week in an office environment and as needed when there are special events or meetings but otherwise, can be remote.
- Some travel requirements for this position to events and site visits around the country. Roughly 5-8 work trips per year
$80,000 -$85,000 annually, based on experience and excellent benefits package
Working at SEIA
SEIA values diversity, inclusion, and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the solar industry. We strive to welcome different perspectives, identities, and backgrounds, regardless of job function, to create a more resilient organization supporting a strong, equitable solar industry. SEIA envisions an industry that is committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity. We aim to achieve this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues and progress. We will develop strategies, programs, and tools that seek to equalize opportunities within SEIA and allow for discussing and sharing best practices within the solar industry.
SEIA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, homelessness, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. SEIA complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we employ staff. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
SEIA is an EVERIFY employer.