About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer / Data Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the backend systems and data infrastructure for a large grid-scale storage energy company. Your role will involve working closely with our software engineering teams to optimize access to operational data and design and implement data models and APIs that work well for our user-facing application. You will also work heavily with our data science teams to build and optimize data pipelines, integrate data sets, and ensure data quality and governance.
What does a Senior Backend Engineer / Data Engineer do at Fluence?
- Build and optimize data pipelines to ensure efficient data integration and flow across various sources and destinations.
- Implement and maintain automated testing and deployment processes to ensure the reliability and scalability of the backend systems.
- Optimize the performance and scalability of the backend systems to handle large-scale data processing and storage requirements, and design load testing to test and prove systems before field deployments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement data models that support product features and data-driven decision-making.
- Develop and maintain backend systems for data cataloging, schema management, and data discovery to facilitate effective data governance and access.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience working on high-traffic systems, optimizing performance, and implementing scalable solutions to meet business needs effectively.
- Strong knowledge of backend programming languages such as Python, Go, C++, and Rust.
- Experience with database systems, including PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB as well as interacting with larger, more static stores such as data lakes.
- Strong understanding of professional software development practices, including version control, code reviews, and continuous integration and deployment.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks and automation tools for backend software development, such as Jenkins and TestRail.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience in the energy industry is a plus, but not a must.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.