ERM is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Scientist to join our growing team in Boston, MA. Working under the direction of project managers and partners, the successful candidate will work on a wide variety of site investigation, remediation, compliance, and hazardous waste management projects throughout New England and New York; however, opportunities for travel throughout the United State and globally may also arise as part of this role.
This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's world-class technical experts to implement the latest investigation and remediation technologies, including high-resolution site characterization, sustainable remediation, and liability asset transformation, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- Conduct field work, including soil, sediment, groundwater, surface water, soil vapor, indoor air sampling, aquifer testing, drilling oversight and soil logging, soil boring and monitoring well installation, well development, purging and sampling, remedial and wastewater treatment pilot tests, and remedial system operation and maintenance.
- Assist in groundwater and wastewater treatment system performance monitoring.
- Compile and evaluate data and assist in report preparation.
- Prepare tables, figures, and other supporting materials to effectively support data visualization and interpretation in reporting.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- Bachelors in geology, hydrogeology, engineering, environmental science or related environmental discipline; Masters a plus.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant environmental experience including performing field work, report writing, and general safety training.
- Willingness/interest in field assignments, including travel.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports is required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Aptitude for hands-on trouble-shooting/problem-solving.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- GIT or EIT certification preferred for engineering applicants, PG or PE certification a plus.
- Local candidates preferred; however, regional candidates will also be considered.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!