The NTU Sustainability Office aims to provide strategic advice and track the sustainability performance of various NTU initiatives. It will also promote sustainability awareness and plan, organize and track sustainability initiatives and programmes to integrate into our education, research, and community engagement efforts. This role relates to efforts in Sustainability education including the operational management of education programmes conducted by CIFAL Singapore and other entities at NTU.
You will be a part of a strategic, dynamic team to formulate sustainability strategies, identify sustainability related education solutions, work with both internal and external stakeholders to shape and implement the University’s offerings in sustainability education. In addition, you will be an integrator to coordinate and integrate across various initiatives in sustainability education.
The Key Responsibilities are:
- To drive NTU sustainability education efforts and various initiatives seamlessly across the local, international domains;
- To assist and co-ordinate sustainability education efforts across various inter-agencies collaborations, studies, discussions on climate change, green growth, energy, waste, water, food, carbon accounting and environmental sustainability;
- To support, promote and grow NTU’s sustainability education initiatives with internal and external stakeholders.
- To work closely with various UNITAR at UN and NTU’s academic units and research institutions in implementing their sustainability education strategies and initiatives;
- Connect and synergize existing sustainability education initiatives and initiate new activities/aspirations.
The Key Requirements are:
- Bachelor/Masters Degree in field of Engineering, Business, Social Sciences, or related disciplines.
- Programme or Centre management and execution experience in sustainability related industry/field (such as energy, carbon footprint, water, food, waste, climate etc.) is an added advantage
- Proven track record of managing multiple teams and projects on a multi organizational level in the sustainability field.
- Possess strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire the working team and stakeholders
- Independent, technically competent self-starter with a high level of confidence, energy, perseverance, and business sense.
- A high level of attention to detail is absolutely mandatory.
- Highly organized and works well in groups and can also work independently
- Ability to learn fast
- Good command of English, both oral and written, with good communication skills
Hiring Institution: NTU