This position will operate within the Global Supply Management Team at the local Reporting Unit. This position will work with the cross functional team as a Global Supply Chain commercial representative focused to resolve or escalate any supplier issues related to cost, delivery, and quality to the appropriate GSM members. This position will be supporting the overall long-term vison of GSM.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard Duites :
- Purchases material/ services in line with existing strategies
- Works in alignment with Production Control and Logistics to supplier shortage and supply issue timelines.
- Responsible for capacity planning and communication to suppliers
- Assist negotiations of basic supplier agreements
- Coordinates supplier relationship with internal functions
- Achieve cost and performance objectives in line with existing strategies
- Lead negotiations of basic supplier agreements
- Leads meetings with cross functional teams to support disposition of eSCR final decisions
- Prepares and maintains required records and files for tariff recovery and disposition.
- Confers with finance team to resolve identified purchasing related issues
- Updates purchase orders at regular intervals per current supplier agreements.
- Analytical skills
- Problem Solving
- Travel is occasionally required, up to 5% of the time.
Safety and Physical Requirements:
- All employees are responsible for knowing, understanding and complying with the safety policies and procedures.
- Wear PPE when appropriate in designated campus areas.
- Lifting shoulder high up to 35 lbs. on occasion.
Learning on the Fly Problem Solving Interpersonal Savvy Action Oriented Functional/ Technical Skills
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 Years’ experience in related field
- Ability to travel as required
- Demonstrated proficiency with SAP
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Must be well organized, self-motivated, capable of managing conflict, and resourceful managing complex assignments
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills required; must be comfortable interfacing with all levels of management
- Required to be proficient in MS Office programs
“BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.”
Internal Use Only: Salary
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Career Scam Disclaimer: BorgWarner makes no representations or guarantees regarding employment opportunities listed on any third-party website. To protect against career scams, job applicants should take the necessary precautions when interviewing for and accepting employment positions allegedly offered by BorgWarner. Applicants should never provide their national ID numbers, birth dates, credit card numbers, bank account information or other private information when communicating with prospective employers or responding to employment opportunities online. Job applicants are invited to contact BorgWarner through BorgWarner’s website to verify the authenticity of any employment opportunities.