Job title – SHE Officer (Safety, Health & Environment)
Location – Singapore
Job model – On-site
To improve SHE and SECURITY awareness and attitude. To improve and implement SHE and SECURITY activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
At DSM-Firmenich people are at the heart of the company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and value diversity in the workplace.
Your key responsibilities
- Appointed as the Local Site SHE & Security Responsible. Assist site management in ensuring compliance to DSM SHE and SECURITY standards, and local laws and regulations, whichever, is higher.
- Monitor on daily basis SHE & SECURITY practices and behaviors, and recording any deviations.
- Liaise with relevant departments/contractors to ensure SHE & SECURITY related programs are correctly implemented and communicated. Periodically organize review and update of SHE & SECURITY risk assessments and plans.
- Upkeep of SHE & Security SOP/ISO/procedures documents, records and regulatory documents for site. Ensure SHE & SECURITY incidents reporting in line with DSM requirements.
- Assist in customer & regulatory audits. Carry out specific tasks as and when directed by supervisor.
- A rich history and a promising future of bold scientific innovation and passionate creation with our customers.
- A space to grow by encouraging and supporting curiosity and an open mindset.
- A culture that prioritizes safety and well-being, both physically and mentally.
- The opportunity to work for a company where sustainability is much more than a claim and is core to our strategy and purpose.
- A flexible work environment that empowers people to take accountability for their work and own the outcome.
- Barrier-free communities within our organization where every employee is equally valued and respected – regardless of their background, beliefs, or identity.
- Minimum 2 years’ of relevant knowledge/experience in Safety, Health and Environment management in Pharmaceutical, Food production or relevant industries.
- Knowledgeable of local SHE, Security, Quality, Operations and environmental compliance.
- Good literacy in Microsoft program package.
- Ability in producing report and developing SHE document.
- Drive for result, adaptability, effective intelligence, and team ability.
- Passion in Safety and injury free with strong mindset. Pragmatic with good self-organizing skills.
Equal opportunities commitment
dsm-firmenich is fully dedicated to inclusion because when people feel engaged and empowered, their creativity and innovation drives unprecedented progress. We aim to build a workplace where opportunity really is equal, so everyone can thrive. We do not discriminate: (here,) there’s a place for everyone with us.
dsm-firmenich is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Our people are as diverse as our customers. For us that includes a commitment to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We are committed to providing reasonable support for disabled applicants in our recruiting process. Should you need assistance, and are comfortable to share this, please let us know.
As innovators in nutrition, health, and beauty, dsm-firmenich reinvents, manufactures, and combines vital nutrients, flavors, and fragrances for the world’s growing population to thrive. With our comprehensive range of solutions, with natural and renewable ingredients and renowned science and technology capabilities, we work to create what is essential for life, desirable for consumers, and more sustainable for the planet. dsm-firmenich is a Swiss-Dutch company, listed on the Euronext Amsterdam, with operations in almost 60 countries and revenues of more than €12 billion. With a diverse, worldwide team of nearly 30,000 employees, we bring progress to life™ every day, everywhere, for billions of people.