To drive the implementation of strategic HSSE objectives and OU HSSE goals, support the Operating Unit to achieve business success through HSSE excellence.
- Lead the OU through an effective culture change to achieve HSSE excellence, build shared vision, motivate, coach and develop staff, and achieve results through team members.
- Liaise with line managers and Group HSSE team to ensure coherence with goals and achieve OU business success.
- Drive implementation of HEMP across the country business, contribute to risk studies, identify controls, allocate responsibilities for control measures, provide advice to achieve ALARP and its audit trail.
- As custodian of the OU HSSE-MS Framework, be responsible for its quality, implementation, performance monitoring and annual effectiveness reviews.
- Contribute to management of HSSE risks in contract.
- Contribute to preparation/assessment of environmentally polluted sites, prioritize and provide support for remediation
- Be the Security Focal Point (SFP) for the OU.
- Facilitate investigation/analysis of all incidents, participate in reviews, follow-up recommendations and be responsible for effective cascade of LFIs (Lessons from Incidents)
- Implement HSSE Control Framework manuals, procedures, GEMS-Lite, Security, Health, etc.., as per agreed deadlines;
- Coordinate the Country Emergency Response and contribute to the Crisis Management Plans, and participate in drills.
- Lead the review of Country HSSE performance on a monthly basis, agree corrective action plans with CLT/Line managers and contribute to the achievement of continuous improvement.
- Provide support to Country MD for annual HSSE assurance and monitor implementation of actionitems for continuous improvement
- Lead Health implementation to ensure Fitness to Work Programs are complied with;
- Implement self-assessment program for all facilities, including HSSE engagement schemes like “Talk not Tick”, Joint HSSE Management inspections, etc…
- Ensure mandatory programs are followed-up to ensure 100% compliance, including: HSSE induction & access control to all company facilities, Defensive driving for all drivers (Heavy and light vehicles) and staff who drive for company business, Permit to Work/Gas testing, Working at height certification
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Health and Safety or related disciplines
- 5 to 8 years in HSSE management
- Dynamic Line Staff or HSSE professional, with significant line/operational experience and excellent HSSE MS skills (can also be used for flow-through” experience for key staff)
- Excellent Communication skills, Time management, Negotiation, Team working and IT Tools
- Highly motivated with excellent networking skills.
- Ability to motivate/mentor or achieve results through others.
- Excellent in English