- Send Cover letter and resume to Chas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line must be in this format: “Applicant_(Your Name).” In cover letter, please provide some examples of your experience effectively working with diverse communities, including those specific to Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and other underrepresented populations, in personal or professional context.
Title: Ancestral Lands Conservation Corps Logistics and Training Manager
Starting Salary Range: The starting salary range for this position will be in the $51,700 - $53,300 range, depending on experience, education, and skills relevant to the position. Please note that the indicated starting salary range describes the range for an incumbent in this position. Most new staff generally start at the beginning of the range percentile to ensure internal salary equity.
Location: Any ALCC Office Location (Acoma, Albuquerque, Gallup, Hopi, or Zuni)
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Benefit Eligible: Health, Vision, Dental, Long-Term Disability, Retirement, Paid Time Off per Personnel Policies
Ancestral Lands Conservation Corps vision is to lead our Nations back to ecological and cultural wellbeing by engaging underrepresented Indigenous youth and young adults in conservation service programs that reconnect participants to the land while preparing them for careers in cultural and ecological protection. We work to remove barriers to participation, education, and employment by partnering with Tribes, local community organizations, agencies, and institutes of higher learning to create paid service and career training opportunities, personal and professional development, and pathways to postsecondary education and employment.
The ALCC Training and Logistics Manager supports program-wide field operations efforts with a focus on logistics, training, and risk management practices. The ALCC Training and Logistics ManagerALCC Training and Logistics Manager may spend approximately 30% or more of their time in the field and the position requires traveling to ALCC’s unique program and project locations. This may vary depending on the season and programmatic need. This position participates as needed in ALCC team meetings, as well as national operations and logistics teams. Additionally, this position is expected to maintain an active presence in internal and agency working groups focused on technical skills utilized by program and is expected to use wide knowledge of conservation practices to help build new collaboration structures amongst programs, other cooperators, tribal, federal, and state agencies. Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native American applicants.
Outcomes & Functions of Position:
- Supervise, mentor, and support ALCC Logistics Coordinator, Logistics Technician, and potentially other seasonal or full-time staff.
- Manage a robust system to inventory and track all tools, vehicles, gear, and equipment, including a system that allows staff to communicate logistics needs.
- Work with ALCC Program Staff and Enterprise Fleet Management to manage vehicle rental and lease agreements as necessary to supplement ALCC’s fleet.
- Work closely with ALCC Leadership Team and Program Staff to manage all ALCC logistics including tools, equipment, vehicles, and facilities.
- Oversee and support the efficient distribution of tools and equipment across ALCC offices.
- Order uniforms, PPE, tools, and other logistics items and track and manage budgets.
- Manage a fleet of vehicles and trailers which meet ALCC needs, including coordinating service and repair schedules.
- Work with ALCC staff to ensure the safe and professional operation of all ALCC operational bases, including adherence to all applicable OSHA, environmental, and local zoning codes.
- Coordinate and support annual OSHA compliance reporting for ALCC facilities.
- Design an effective training program that covers but is not limited to chainsaw operations, safety, and maintenance; trail construction and maintenance; herbicide application; cultural preservation; and wilderness first aid.
- Lead planning of technical skill trainings, including chainsaw, trail construction and maintenance, herbicide application, cultural preservation, and wilderness first aid.
- Coordinate technical trainings -preseason, midseason, postseason- with Staff, Crew Leaders and Corpsmembers that best support the ALCC project schedule.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training program.
- Manage database of certifications received by ALCC participants and staff.
- Identify and recommend talent within members that would benefit in additional training.
- Work with ALCC Leadership to address risk management concerns and resolutions as they arise.
- Support implementation of holistic risk management systems for new initiatives and projects in collaboration with program staff.
- Manages a team focused on providing safety and operational oversight to the program and provide feedback to the organization.
- Advocate for risk management practices and systems that meet the needs of the program and the changing environment of Conservation Legacy.
- Ensure that Risk Management priorities are maintained across the program and act with authority in cases of amplified risk and new endeavors, consulting with ALCC Leadership Team when necessary.
- Manage and track vehicle, equipment, training, facility, and other major expense lines in the ALCC budget, including gathering information from other staff to get an accurate estimate of year-to-date spending trends.
- Coordinate the sale of tools, vehicles, gear, equipment, and technology.
- Approve invoices from vendors relating to logistics and training needs.
- Manage and track Workers Compensation claims.
- Lead trainings for program staff on Workers Compensation process and requirements.
- Complete monthly reconciliation of all purchases made on company card.
- Build relationships with local, regional, and national vendors and service providers.
- Successfully engages, leads, and supports an inclusive work environment for those of underrepresented populations within the organization and the communities we serve.
- Leads and/or participates in organizational-wide teams, projects and initiatives that support the work of the Strategic Plans goals.
- Reports any potential complaints within the organization as identified in the Personnel Policy Manual.
- Assists or leads other responsibilities, as assigned.