Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20 000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission.
Vattenfall - one of the leading Energy companies in north eastern Europe – is in an exciting transition; the changing energy market and speed of technology development call for innovation, digitalization, and agility. Our vision is to become fossil free in one generation. You are passionate about innovation, modern tools and technologies and have an agile mindset and leadership style.
You will become part of Customer IT
Customer IT develops and operates specialized IT solutions closely together with business colleagues to create value for our customers. We want to enable our customers to become fossil free within one generation. Our main internal business partner is Customer & Solutions, with whom we cooperate closely. Customer IT is setup locally, in Sweden, Germany, Netherlands and Poland. Customer IT Nordics is divided by four teams located in Sweden. We are looking for a new manager for this newly established unit to lead a group of highly skilled professionals dedicated to designing and implementing innovative smart energy enabling solutions.
You will be responsible for Customer IT Nordics – Energy Enabler Solutions
The team is a young and energetic team with over 10 engineers. The team is responsible for Dev and Ops for the Nordic Mobile APP, Commodity Trading support platform and will be a satellite for Microsoft Dynamics, Robotics Process Automation competence centers. With your team you directly contribute to Vattenfall’s vision to become fossil free within one generation. We develop new features using Azure cloud services where we support MSD, UiPath, .NET and Angular and also native app development. We have a strong focus on developing and maintaining features using a modern technology stack.
Main challenges for the next 6-12 months
- Attract and retain talents;
- Support in finalizing the Nordic App delivery (Sweden and Finland)
- Support in finalizing the new Commodity Trading support platform (Giant Leap, a project to phase out legacy)
- Make sure all the solutions you will be responsible for have a proper lifecycle management process in place
- Professionalize/automate several administrative processes including financial reporting on a monthly basis
- Act as a System Manager for the Mobile App
- Making sure the Vattenfall processes are understood and followed by everyone involved in the IT delivery
- Improve our DevSecOps culture. We still see a lot that can be improved
- Work with business colleagues to innovate around topics like smart utilisation of EV charging, heating, and battery
- Support new businesses to get their IT delivery organised
You will be responsible for…
- Leading a group of highly skilled multi-cultural professionals
- Everything related to people management and team administration
- Making sure we meet our Service Level Agreements together with service manager
- Create and execute, together with experts, the IT strategy for new capabilities covering smart energy solutions and contribute to the overall Vattenfall IT strategy
- Maintain a fruitful relation/network with your business and IT peers
- Manage your team budget
We are looking for a person who has a relevant University degree Computer Science, Information Management, Enterprise Automation or related field. In addition, the following qualifications are important for this position:
- Strategic thinker with a results-oriented mindset and a passion for driving innovation together with the business counter parts
- Experience in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges in changing context
- Holistic and visionary view to identify future trends and opportunities
- Experienced at working in international cross-functional teams and dealing with higher management
- Proven interpersonal skills in successfully driving value creation in cooperation with business and IT
- Proven experience (4+ years) in managing teams involved in energy enabler solutions, clean energy technologies, or related fields.
You have the following skills
Beside that you have the ability to lead and motivate team members and other stakeholders in times of change. You have proven to be an excellent leader naturally applying the Vattenfall leadership criteria: connect people, accelerate learning and drive innovation. Furthermore, you have strong analytical, communication, problem solving and collaboration skills.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Trade Union representatives in Sweden via Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00 Sofi Wadström (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO).
We welcome your application including CV and cover through the portal, last day to apply 10th September 2023. Selection and interviews are held after last application date. We do not accept applications through email.
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.
Location: Stockholm, Katowice, Gliwice
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the link further down the page. For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Yasith Wickramasinghe, Manager Customer IT Nordics on [email protected]. Or contact our recruiter Valentijn Berkien, [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application!