- JOB DETAILS:
Position Title: Senior Manager – Senior Supervisor/Associate Manager – BD Technical Services (Wind)
Reports to: Director – BD Technical Services (Wind)
Geography coverage - Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Morocco, Indonesia, Africa, China
- JOB PURPOSE:
As a Wind Associate Manager will be Supporting wind techno-commercial related matters of the business development and project acquisition in close coordination with Technical Service Business Development, CTO organization, CIO organization, Portfolio management, and NOMAC.
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Act as a wind resource expert and related matters of the Bid in order to improve the Bid
proposal and support the Senior Manager, Techno-Commercial (Wind) on day-to-day
- Design and develop a met-masts measurement campaign
- Undertaking annual energy yield assessment, turbine layout optimization, noise and
- Activities include site identification using GIS software, wind data analysis using
Windographer, turbine siting, energy yield assessment using OpenWind and WindPRO,
energy losses and uncertainty calculation
- Provides assistance to BD and APF as requested by the Project leader for business
- Apply accurate risk & opportunity mapping for each project in order to understand the
risk & opportunity profile and define proper risk mitigation with regards to performance
aspects of Wind Projects by taking input from CTO office on technical aspect of wind
resource assessments; Preparation of techno-commercial documents requirements
- Stay informed of the technical, market, and regulatory developments in the renewable
energy / Wind industry and communicate key trends, risks, and potential impacts to
respective stakeholders and cover the risk mitigation action in relevant contract
- Provide support to the ESIA activity during the development phase
- Optimisation of technical configuration of the windfarm to get lower LCoE.
- Manage the 3rd party EYA consultant during the project development phase
- Provide support to BD during the bid and PPA execution stage.
- Support on financial closure requirement
- Contract Management - Wind Resource Manager needs to review and amend if required project
documents taking input from the CTO office (from a technical prospective) and other
departments Assisting the Bid Process - As Wind Resource Specialist, you will provide the
following tasks during the bid process as part of the project team (up till formal bid issue).
- Assisting the Project Closing Process - Wind Resource Manager provides the following tasks
during the financial closing process as part of the project team (from bid till FC date)
- QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Science (Electrical and Mechanical) or related field.
Master’s degree will be considered a plus. Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of extensive experience in wind resource assessment.
- Strong knowledge of LCOE optimization Wind projects with proven credentials in dealing
with wind turbine manufacturer
- Knowledge of wind turbine certification and also with site-specific design assessments;
- Experience with consultants in managing the pre-development, development, and
financial closure stages of work;
- Strong knowledge of the technical and techno-commercial aspects of wind windfarm and
processes related in general is mandatory and key for the execution of this work. The
knowledge shall come with the proven ability to identify the effect of the technical
proposal of each contractor according to ACWA Power in the overall costing and of the
- Extensive knowledge of and exposure to specific areas and power industries is a basic prerequisite
with experience in competitive EPC contracting. Experience with IPP is
considered a plus.
- Interface knowledge of energy yield assessment
- Wind Resource and Energy Yield Assessment knowledge
- Technical Document writing
- Concept of Electrical and Mechanical applicable in the wind industry
- Experience in the turbine load assessment
- Data interpretation knowledge
- Software skills: GIS software, Windographer, Openwind, WindPRO, CFD is a plus
- MIS preparation for daily, monthly and annually for different KPIs Activities include a
business development-related review of RFQ, RFP risk matrix, dispatch analysis, etc.;