As an Environmental Health & Safety Field Specialist, you will enforce a culture of safety within a plant or limited field environment. Your goal will be to implement and coordinate Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Programs in compliance with company policies and government regulations.Your success will ensure all employees engage in consistent, safe and reliable operations of assets and that compliance standards are followed.
What We Offer:
- Work Environment - Work in our beautiful home office building with access to a fitness facility, onsite nurse, and a café.
- Hybrid Work Model – Allows for a blend of in-office and work-from-home days.
- Competitive Compensation - Including an annual bonus plan, pension plan, and parking allowance.
- Flexible Benefits Plan – in effect from day one and offers threelevels of coverage to select from to meet your unique, personal needs.
- Paid Vacation - Plus an annual option to purchaseadditional vacation, too.
- Wellness Support – With an annual wellness allowance, paid personal care days,and a 24/7 Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Opportunity to give back to some amazing causes in our community - Choose when and where to make an impact with a paid volunteer day, company volunteer opportunities, and a donation matching program.
- Work with the Manager to design and implement programs and strategies to protect employees in accordance to latest regulations and legislation.
- Support the development of training materials to support the understanding and sound implementation of written standards and programs.
- Work with local managers and supervisors to evaluate safety measurement and performance and develop action plans to improve results. Provide guidance and direction on programs and standards ensuring that environmental, regulatory and health and safety requirements are followed.
- Participate in the company’s response to accidents and incidents, determine root causes and develop corrective action plans.
- Identify potentially hazardous, areas of concern and non-compliance, provide recommendations and work with the business to build and implement an action plan to achieve desired outcomes.
- Conduct EHS audits, risk assessments, reviews and inspections in assigned work area to ensure that requirements and compliance is being followed.
- Coordinate the execution of EHS Programs/ Projects, maintain and report EHS statistics (safety measurements and performance).
- Participate in safety meetings with field personnel and contractors.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to motivate differing personalities.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi- task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be adaptable to change.
- 3+ years' relevant experience related to Environmental, Health, Safety and Compliance and 3-5+ years of petroleum and transportation industry experience desired.
- Post-secondary education in EHS program, or equivalent experience.
Irving Oil is committed to supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment. We thrive on the good energy that’screated when our people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and experiences share their unique perspectives.Diversity is key to our success and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.
In a world increasingly engaged intaking actionon global issues of climate change, social justice and good corporategovernance, our organization has an important role to play. We are committed to being part of the solution, in providingthe safe and reliable energy that people need, while taking concrete steps to evolve our business for the future - for ourpeople, our customers and our communities, today and tomorrow.
Pleasetake a lookat ourSustainability Report to learnmore about our commitment to our communities, and our planet.
Job Requirements - Work Experience
Environment, Health and Safety, Operations
Job Requirements - Education
Bachelors: Business Administration