Forge Nano Inc, a fast-growing materials company with a focus on manufacturing nano-scale coatings across a wide range of markets including lithium-ion batteries. The Battery Technician role involves work in the operation, evaluation and improvement of processes, equipment and methods pertaining to the evaluation of materials for lithium-ion batteries. This work involves supporting the Battery Fabrication Laboratory with day-to-day operations. It requires application of the principles and practices of general chemistry and electrochemical concepts as well as engineering and materials science disciplines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Obtain a basic understanding of battery materials and methodologies.
- Become familiar with fundamentals of electrochemical processes.
- Battery electrode fabrication and troubleshooting electrode slurries
- Become proficient with equipment operation from established SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Assist scientists with day-to-day tasks including, inventory, ordering, waste handling, experiment preparation
- Reporting: Occasionally prepare written and verbal reports and participate in data discussions.
- Undergo extensive cross-training in characterization techniques and sensitive equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment and processes.
- Ensure accurate recordkeeping/documentation of standard and experimental procedures
- Maintain a safe work environment by supporting lab organization, equipment maintenance & general lab upkeep.
- Maintain materials and supplies database and manage inventories.
- Follow SOPs and EHS guidelines and generate new SOPs.
- Identify lab best practices for efficiency gains and process improvements.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS Chemistry/Engineering/Materials Science
- 2+ years in a laboratory environment
- 0-1 years battery R&D experience
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Highly organized and able to maintain multiple disparate projects
- Prior experience in fabricating battery components is a plus
- Experience with gloveboxes and air sensitive materials
- General curiosity beyond prescribed duties
Work is carried out in a wet chemical laboratory within a larger production facility. Employees in this role routinely handle hazardous chemicals and appropriate PPE must be donned at all times including gloves, eye protection and lab coats. An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to corporate and/or plant policies, rules and regulations in these areas is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. At times, a respirator is required personal protective equipment to mitigate inhalation hazards. Employees are required to undertake and pass a respirator medical evaluation and annual respirator fit test.
The employee occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job functions.
No travel is expected for this position
- Medical/dental/vision/disability and life insurance, holidays, PTO, Paid Parental Leave, Flexible Spending Account, and 401(k) planForge Nano is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.