The Middle Office team is an essential part of the Trading function in Power NI, responsible for risk management, calculating and controlling exposure to energy markets.
This is a management role, responsible for leading and developing a small team of analysts to understand, measure, manage and communicate the risks and opportunities generated by buying and selling energy products in our markets. With a strong analytical approach, you will direct the team in producing accurate and timely forecasts, and insightful analysis which you will take back to the wider business to engage and support delivery of targets across the largest energy customer and renewables portfolio in Northern Ireland.
Why choose Energia Group?
- 86% of employees would recommend Energia Group to friends and family as a great place to work!
- You will be joining a team where our company values of Trustworthy, Dynamic, Resourceful and Community Focussed are at the heart of all our efforts
- You will have a variety of development opportunities available including internal L&D courses, mentoring, external networking, year round learning and support for professional subscriptions
- We also offer an annual Bonus of up to 10%, wellbeing programme including a counselling service, sports and social clubs, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday allowance with opportunity to buy more and Health Cash Plans.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid approach (2 days from the office and 3 days from home), collaborate regularly with your peers while having a balance between your home and work life.
What you'll need
- Minimum 2.1 degree in a relevant subject with numerical / statistical background (e.g., Mathematics, Science, Engineering).
- Experience of development and best practice use of complex data and analysis models. Able to demonstrate an agile and creative approach to problem solving, delivering consistent accurate results.
- Experience of interpreting complex data sets to derive valuable commercial insights.
- Effective communication of insights to senior stakeholders to drive action.
- Able to demonstrate a systematic approach to time management and organisation of self and a team.
Does energy move you?
If so, see how you can be a part of the energy transition.
Take a look at our Energy Moves Us video below which is a great insight into our organisation as an employer and to learn a little bit more about the people behind our business.
You are advised to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications. We reserve the right to enhance criteria to facilitate shortlisting.