Thornton Tomasetti applies engineering and scientific principles to solve the world’s challenges. An independent organization of creative thinkers and innovative doers collaborating from offices worldwide, our mission is to bring our clients' ideas to life and, in the process, lay the groundwork for a better, more resilient future. We provide support and opportunities to our employees to achieve their full potential and cultivate a rewarding career.
Our Sustainability practice collaborates with clients and project partners to integrate successful green solutions into the planning, design, construction and operation of buildings, reducing their environmental impact at every stage of their life cycle. We use whole-systems thinking and leading-edge analytical tools to develop innovative solutions that balance economic, social, and environmental factors. Our experienced team offers sustainable design strategies, energy analysis, green building certification consulting, sustainability analysis, and upgrades for existing structures, along with education and training.
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc., Inc. is seeking a full-time summer Sustainability Intern for the San Francisco office. This person is a student in the building science, environmental science, architectural, engineering, or construction fields, and can apply their multi-disciplinary skills to green building projects.
- Provide support to project managers to deliver high-quality client-oriented services
- Research and assess green building programs, technologies, and materials
- Coordinate project registration and documentation with 3rd party certification bodies
- Participate in project team meetings, and record meeting minutes and action items
- Provide required calculations for project documentation related to LEED, GreenPoint Rated, WELL, Fitwel, or Living Building Challenge
- Assist with refining in-house tools and project management documents
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Passionate about pursuing a career in the sustainable building industry
- Open to learning new things and excited to share knowledge with others
- Familiarity or willingness to learn about green building rating systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and graphic design programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
The rate for this position generally is $20 - $25 hourly. This range is a good faith estimate provided pursuant to the California Pay Transparency Law. It is based on what a successful California applicant might be paid and assumes that the successful candidate will be in California or perform the position from California. Similar positions located outside of California will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Actual pay rates may vary from the range, as permitted by California Equal Pay Transparency Law. Compensation offers will be based on various factors, including operational needs, individual education, qualifications and experience, work location and comparison to employee already in the role, as well as other considerations permitted by law. A potential new employee’s pay history will not be used in compensation decisions.Benefits
Depending on your employment status, benefits may include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Disability and other voluntary benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Childcare
- Paid Time Off, Family Leave for New Parents, Volunteer Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Transit (where available)
- 401k retirement savings with Company matching on employee contributions and/or qualified student loan repayments
- Fitness Reimbursement
- And other various wellness, diversity/inclusion and employee resource programs and initiatives
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.