Job Title: Sustainability Intern
Department: Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability
Work Term: Winter 2024 (January 2024 – April 2024)
Duration: 4 months
Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale. Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
Benefits for Students:
- Experience working for one of the fastest-growing Human Capital Management technology companies in the world
- Access to Ceridian’s development programs and resources
- Ability to work with as well as create relationships with members across the globe
- Autonomy to bring forth new ideas and optimize existing structures within the organization
- Meaningful responsibilities, enabling you to obtain ‘real-world’ experience
- Dynamic hands-on exposure to multiple business units and stakeholders across Ceridian
Summary/About the opportunity: The Sustainability Intern will play a pivotal role in Ceridian’s high-performing Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability Department. In this position, you’ll join a small but mighty team of seasoned professionals who are committed to driving positive change in Ceridian’s global operations and throughout the communities and countries where its employees live and work. Your primary role will be to support Ceridian’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting, its S&P Global’s Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA) response, and its CDP Climate Change response. Your secondary role will be to support the Sustainability Department’s efforts to reduce its annual greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and participate in the development of its carbon footprint.
Primary Responsibilities/What you’ll get to do:
- Work cross-functionally to collect and analyze environmental, social and governance (ESG) data
- Participate in the development of the company’s annual greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory (i.e., carbon footprint)
- Create content for an annual ESG report for a publicly traded, S&P 500 company
- Support the completion of the company’s annual S&P Global’s Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA)
- Support the completion of the company’s annual CDP Climate Change response
- Support the completion of the company’s annual EcoVadis response
- Support sustainability initiatives, including the company’s efforts to reduce its annual greenhouse gas emissions
Qualifications/Skills and experience we value:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree in sustainability or a related field (either currently in a graduate program or having already completed one)
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to conduct data analysis and summarize findings, with mastery of Excel
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Adaptable and resourceful and able to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to manage and deliver against tight timelines and participate in several projects simultaneously
- Exceptionally high attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
Nice to have:
- Understanding of ESG/Sustainability raters, rankers, and reporting frameworks (e.g., CDP, S&P Global CSA/DJSI, EcoVadis, GRI, SASB, TCFD)
- Knowledge and experience with GHG/carbon accounting
- Experience with corporate GHG target setting and/or reductions
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com or follow us on LinkedIn to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Beware of fraudulent recruiting activity! If you are contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter or other Ceridian employee, you will be provided with an @ceridian.com email. If you are contacted by someone who uses any other email domain, despite their use of our company logo or company name in their social media handle/profile, the contact could be fraudulent. Please also note, Ceridian will not request or send money and/or a check at any time during the recruiting or hiring process, ask you to order any equipment or supplies, or ask for any sensitive personal data, such as National ID numbers, via email or phone. Sensitive personal data is only collected post-hire, via new hire forms directly in Dayforce. If you have been asked for any of the above, or believe you have been contacted by someone posing as a Ceridian employee, please refer to our fraudulent recruiting statement found here: https://www.ceridian.com/company/corporate/be-aware-recruiting-fraud.