Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $91,400.00 Annually
Salary Max: $113,500.00 Annually
Short-term Incentive Eligible: Yes
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: September 18, 2023
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
Are you a forward-thinker fueled with the passion for seeking better alternative solutions? Do you consider yourself an influential leader with a passion for working with others to get things done? Do you enjoy applying your technical skill and experience to manage various Safety and Quality control audit programs?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Compressed Natural Gas Customer Operations, the Low Carbon Transportation (LCT) Operations Services Manager, has a hands-on and detailed level approach when working with sophisticated mechanical and system controls. You will coordinate internal resources and contractors to safely perform maintenance activities. You’ll also use your ability to explain technical and hard-to-understand information in a simplified and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
We're committed to building a cleaner energy future. We need collaborators, innovators and self-starters like you to help us achieve our goal.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of LCT professionals by providing guidance, setting goals, and ensuring effective communication
- Maintain work management systems to ensure the highest level of safety and reliability to FortisBC LCT customers
- Be responsible for on-site quality control to ensure compliance with work-related maintenance processes
- Coordinate preventative maintenance schedules and development of service procedures and documentation
- Complete field safety and service quality control audits
- Coordinate Contractors performing Preventative and Corrective Maintenance activities and join the LCT on call rotation for after-hours service call-outs and emergency response
- Participate in incident investigations from a technical support perspective; conduct root cause analysis and develop action plans to prevent future incidents
- Provide oversight of costs associated with contractors, staff, facilities, vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for both internal and external stakeholders where LCT technical support and/or input is required; establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, contractors, equipment suppliers, municipal agencies, emergency response and environmental management personnel
- Develop a deep understanding of H2 fueling station design codes, standards and best practices as well as the maintenance requirements of H2 fueling equipment
What it takes:
- An equivalent combination of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma of Technology in a related discipline from a recognized program
- Certified Member in the Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of BC or a Professional equivalent
- Five to ten years of utility operations and project implementation experience related to energy utilization systems including design, construction, repair and maintenance
- Training experience specific to Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) or Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) implementation, Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and training material development
- A minimum of five years related experience in a leadership capacity
- Strong mechanical, electrical and control aptitude
- Knowledge of operations management and performance measurement
- Knowledge of operation, maintenance and construction process
- Demonstrated ability to attend to emergencies and co-ordinate activities under stressful situations
What you need to know:
- This position is located in Surrey, BC
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the page for additional information.