ERM has multiple openings for talented Environmental Compliance Consultants to join our growing Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Sustainable Operations team. The ideal candidate will bring strong environmental, regulatory compliance and 3-5 years of industry and/or consulting experience, providing environmental, health and safety compliance or management system support for clients in multiple sectors such as power, technology, and manufacturing, to help our clients proactively address their EHS risks and challenges. We have particular need for consultants who have Tier II and TRI experience for clients in a range of industrial sectors.
As a Sustainable Operations team member, you’ll be responsible for supporting on a range of EHS management projects to build a sustainable business locally, while networking with ERM's global technical team to share best practices across the industry. This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-level professional looking to advance their career with a global Sustainability leader, and work with a team of outstanding professionals in over 40 countries around the world.
- Work in a collaborative team environment to complete EPCRA reporting (Tier II and TRI); stormwater permitting, sampling and compliance; and other environmental compliance needs.
- Manage and develop plans, permits, and procedures for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater compliance programs at both facility and corporate levels.
- Perform complex facility operational and EHS data analysis and systematic organization/clean-up of large data sets and data manipulation in support of TRI threshold and release calculation preparation.
- Assist with design and implementation of corporate EHS strategies and programs and achieve client’s expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Contribute to expanding ERM’s EHS business. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active role in developing new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables. Build client relationships and nurture repeat business by continuously striving to build a network within and outside of ERM that will enable you to leverage your skills and solve challenging multi-disciplinary client challenges.
- Develop, manage, and implement environmental compliance programs for corporate clients.
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business to grow the EHS team.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Experienced in reading and understanding chemical nomenclature, chemical reactions and performing stoichiometric conversions, reading SDSs and identifying key chemicals mandatory.
- 3-5 years related experience in working with organizations on EHS compliance and management, and/or sustainable EHS compliance programs.
- Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of Excel mandatory; PowerPoint, PowerBI, and Access desired.
- Advanced skill set in the use of MS Excel - experienced in the systematic organization/clean up of large data sets and preparation of complex calculations using Excel.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be passionate about EHS performance improvement and have experience developing and delivering world-class EHS program solutions.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting, with guidance and direction. Ability to be adaptable, deal with ambiguity, and flexible to changing situations, able to think outside the box, and to identify and respond rapidly to safety issues in field locations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Willingness to travel within the United States in support of client programs. Up to 25% travel may be required.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!