Job Description Summary
Are you an Australian based Wind Technician or a Qualified Electrician aspiring to join the wind industry? Are you looking to join a growing team for a new challenge? If so, we want to hear from you. We're looking for motivated individuals to join us at our Wind Farm Projects in Australia, as Wind Farm Field Service Technicians.
In these roles you will interface regularly with the Service Management, the Client, internal technical team, other GE Onshore wind farms, contractors and the local community. With the key responsibilities of performing scheduled and unscheduled servicing of wind turbines and site infrastructure.
Please note this is for future talent pool needs only, for any current openings please check the GE Careers Page. These are site based roles, base on a 37.5 hour working week Monday - Friday with Over Time + On Call Roster (varies per site). We are looking for people to live locally to the wind farms, this is not a FIFO or DIDO role. Locations are listed as below:
- Willogoleche Wind Farm SA
- Coopers Gap Wind Farm QLD
- Mumbida Wind Farm WA
- Murra Warra II Wind Farm VIC
- Ararat Wind Farm VIC
- Bango Wind Farm NSW
- Silverton Wind Farm NSW
- Crookwell Wind Farm NSW
- Bodangora Wind Farm NSW
- Boco Rock Wind Farm NSW
- Crudine Ridge Wind Farm NSW
- Interpret the requirements of GE manuals, specifications, bulletins and complete assigned tasks in accordance with GE work instructions
- Perform and ensure the proper maintenance and fault finding of assets
- Maintain reports using GE’s various software management tools and databases
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with the organisation’s JSA, LOTO, EHS and associated policies/procedures
- Report errors, violations, incidents or problems immediately using GE reporting systems
- Submit enquiries to Engineering to ensure technical issues are resolved
- Answer questions from Management, Engineering, Sourcing and Project Teams as required
- Make a conformance or non-conformance decision upon completion of inspections
- Form part of an on-call roster to work weekends and nights if required or as directed by management
- Perform high voltage switching operations according to site procedures as required
- Be familiar with and follow all EHS policies, and procedures applicable to the job and cooperate with GE investigations and EHS audits
- As a minimum, either a qualified electrician or a qualified mechanic with electrical aptitude.
- Proficient in fault finding electrical, mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
- Trained to an intermediate level in computer skills.
- Must have positive attitude and the ability to complete physically demanding tasks at heights.
- Must hold a current Australian Driver’s license
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position