Plus Power recruits outstanding energy project development professionals who are driven to build assets that decarbonize the U.S. energy markets and grow their own careers. Our team looks for data-driven and fact-based mindsets, engaging and collaborative behaviors, and personal growth-focused professionals.
Plus Power is looking to hire an experienced Permitting Associate within the Development Services team to support permitting activities for multiple battery energy storage projects across our portfolio. The Permitting Associate will report to the Permitting Manager and support all aspects of project permitting from inception to commercial operation.
- Execute permitting strategies specific to the project in collaboration with the Permitting Manager, Environmental Manager, and Development Team
- Support land-use and environmental permitting processes specific to multiple ongoing projects across multiple states, from conception through development
- Research Federal, State and Local permitting and environmental regulations and draft detailed zoning analyses/permitting plan for prospective sites
- Work with technical staff and project developers to ensure project designs are consistent with permitting requirements and constraints
- Prepare and submit permit applications to governmental agencies, coordinate with external subject matter experts, prepare hearing testimony outlines, represent Plus Power’s position in public forums and meetings
- Review/revise public hearing submission items (i.e., noise studies, notice documents, visual renderings, etc.)
- Negotiate with regulatory agencies to achieve acceptable operating permit conditions consistent with project schedules, costs, and environmental sustainability objectives
- Support project planning and scheduling in support of project development team
- Analyze or assess regulatory policy implications to siting and permitting
- Prepare responses to permitting agency information and/or data requests
- Represent our projects at stakeholder meetings and hearings
- 2-4 years of experience obtaining required permitting/siting/zoning/land use/environmental approvals for large scale/complex real estate development
- Experience obtaining permits for utility companies, renewable energy companies, telecommunications companies or industrial/commercial land uses preferred
- JD, ESQ or bachelor’s/master’s degree in urban planning, engineering or environmental areas preferred
- Detailed understanding of federal, state, and local permitting and environmental regulatory statutes and frameworks
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure to meet deadlines across multiple projects simultaneously is a must
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in both team and individual settings
- Must be flexible and detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills
- Travel required as necessary to support siting and permitting plans, activities, stakeholder meetings and other related tasks
Compensation, Location, and Benefits
Highly-competitive remuneration from one of the nation’s most exciting leaders in the energy storage markets. Flexible, work from home locations acceptable for the long-term, or hybrid work from Plus Power’s offices in San Francisco or Houston.
The expected salary* for this position beginsat $85,000 (compensation for Attorney's will be significantly higher). Factors that may be used to determine the final compensation include relevant experience, skills, qualifications, geographic labor market, and other factors consistent with applicable law. This position is also eligible to participate in our annual discretionary bonus program.
Plus Power offers a comprehensive benefits program, unlimited vacation, flexible remote work, and a highly engaging company culture with opportunities for growth.