World Resources Institute China Office (WRI China) is seeking a Research Associate, who will work on China’s sustainable investment overseas through green financing and with a focus in the energy sector. Leading the China’s overseas investment related engagement efforts and research in the Sustainable Investment Program which works in the field of climate, energy, and investment, the incumbent will be responsible for identifying, engaging, and managing relationships with stakeholders, including government, industry, and other research institutes.
- Lead the policy and investment engagement, including developing strategies to ensure effective stakeholder engagement and communication, implementing stakeholder engagement plans, and liaising with stakeholders from government, financial institutions, industry, and other collaborative partners to support the team’s various lines of work
- Conduct and manage science-based research and produce knowledge product/materials together with internal colleagues and external partners
- Co-author and publish WRI knowledge products such as reports, issue brief, working paper, etc. in both English and Chinese, and coordinate publication process
- Present research findings at internal and external meetings as needed
- Organize internal/external meetings, workshops, conferences, and other project dissemination activities
- Prepare materials for engagement and communication
- Support identifying fundraising opportunities and lead drafting fundraising proposals
- Assist in project management work and other activities as needed
- Master’s degree in environmental science, financing, international relations, or other related fields
- Minimum eight years’ work experience in stakeholder engagement and research work on renewable energy, low carbon, and overseas green investment, etc.
- Strong quantitative research, analytical, writing, and presentation skills, preferably with publication experience
- Ability to work well in a team, manage multiple priorities, take initiatives, and deliver under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, with good work ethics
- Detail-oriented and organized thinker we can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Flexibility to travel nationally and internationally
- Professional proficient in Mandarin and English
Final candidate will be required to take a writing test.
Reporting: Director, China Sustainable Investment Program
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Location: Beijing, China
Application deadline: Open till filled
How to Apply:
- Your resume with a cover letter.
- Your portfolio, which can include links or pdf of your released articles, papers, events that you were deeply involved in preparation and implementation, or any other works can prove your qualifications.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world overcomes this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
What we offer
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years, and our operating budget is nearing $200 million.
Our values and mission
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills, and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include integrity, innovation, urgency, independence, and respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.