PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fifth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 170,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
Competitive Compensation Package with Full Benefits Includes:
- Company-issued Gas Card, Toll Pass, & Vehicle Maintenance Allowance (in addition to salary)
- Company-issued Uniforms, iPhone/iPad, Field Equipment/Tools including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Flexible Work Schedule – Year Round Employment – No Weekends – Monday to Friday Only!
- Visit a construction site and see the job in action during the interview process!
- Paid On The Job Training – Paid Professional Development through Learning/Certification Opportunities including PEG’s HERS & HVAC Grading Certification Training Program
- Pay increases available for approved job-related certifications (RESNET/Energy Star/IECC)
- 20 Annual Paid Days Off (12 Days of Personal Time Off, Birthday PTO, 7 Company Paid Holidays)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with up to a 4% company match vested immediately
- Company Sponsored Medical Insurance that includes a contribution of up to 50% off the monthly premium
- Dental & Vision Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Accident & Pet Insurance, Basic Life & Supplemental Life Coverage
PEG is searching for a qualified candidate to assist in the inspection and successful implementation of PEG's Risk Management Program. This position requires you to become a certified HERS Rater. Learn more at www.resnet.us. In this position, new employees will be provided paid on the job training that will prepare them to perform Home Energy Audits in accordance with RESNET Guidelines and to maintain systems and procedures to ensure that all structures are built in accordance with the Risk Management Program. This will include visual inspections of materials, data collection and visual observation of energy efficient features, and the utilization of equipment to test system performance.
The geographical area assigned to this position includes a 100-mile radius with Raleigh, NC at its center.
- Perform Home Energy Audits in accordance with New Construction RESNET/Energy Star Guidelines including but not limited to:
- Visual Inspections of applied materials and control assemblies
- Data Collection and Visual Observation of energy efficient features such as
- Model and serial numbers of relevant equipment
- Quality and installation of duct work, insulation, framing, air sealing, ventilation, etc.
- Utilization of equipment to test system performance such as infiltration & Blower Door Testing, Ventilation Testing, Duct Leakage Testing, and Building Air Flow & Pressure Testing
- Constantly monitor the client's daily construction schedule to be on site for program inspections. Items for inspection include Footings, Concrete Slabs/Wall/Foundation, Framing/Sheathing, Exterior Envelope/ House Wrap, Sound Testing/Sound Channel and Final Turnover for each site.
- Support the Field Operations Department with daily pre-drywall and final inspections, as needed
- Must become completely familiar with assigned site blueprints and specifications.
- Responsible for coordinating the completion of each structure within the Risk Management Program with client(s).
- Stay Current on all codes and code changes and communicate information to management as necessary.
- Determine ways to execute all functions of the Risk Management Program more efficiently to improve overall margins and client satisfaction for the company.
- Ensure all Risk Management files are maintained for each assigned site and, upon closing, ensure
- The company policy for storage is followed.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree or Vocational Certificate in the Skilled Trades Industry is required
- HERS Rater, Energy Star, Green Building, ACCA 310 HVAC Grading, IECC, HVAC EPA, BPI, and LEED Certifications are a plus!
- 2 years of work experience in HVAC, home remodeling, or construction is helpful.
- Must be physically able to fulfill job functions, including lifting up to 50 lbs, carrying equipment, climbing ladders, work in confined spaces (attics/crawl spaces), and using small tools and testing equipment
- Must enjoy working in the great outdoors
- Must have a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, dependable transportation, and the ability to travel daily to job sites.
- Must be dependable, self-directed, and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Must be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.