About Earth Systems
Make a Big Difference with Earth Systems!
With offices in Australia, Lao PDR, Senegal, Rwanda, Vietnam and the UK, Earth Systems is an environmental science and engineering company for highly motivated, ambitious professionals who are passionate about their work and want to make a difference.
Earth Systems develops and implements innovative and effective environmental, water, energy and sustainability solutions, providing specialist advice and hands-on capabilities in a diverse range of areas related to environmental management. Ecological assessment is a key aspect of many of Earth System's projects.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently seeking to employ a specialist ecologist preferably with international experience in ecological impact assessment to join our team and help develop and expand our business. In this role you will work on a range of diverse and exciting projects alongside our international offices for a wide range of public and private sector national and international clients.
- Undertake ecological and environmental management and assessment work.
- Project manage and oversee technical inputs for consulting projects within your areas of expertise.
- Provide specialist technical inputs in planning and implementation of ecological investigations e.g. baseline ecological surveys, targeted flora and fauna surveys, habitat assessment and offset suitability.
- Assist with ecological restoration projects with carbon-based offsets.
- Support business generation activities and identify opportunities in your areas of expertise.
- Prepare proposals and expressions of interest applicable to your areas of expertise.
- Prepare reports and presentations.
The successful applicant must have:
- A relevant post-graduate qualification;
- Specialist ecological skills e.g. botany, ornithology, herpetology etc.
- Direct experience in ecological and environmental impact assessment;
- An interest in international ecology e.g. Africa, Asia and Australia;
- The ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team;
- Exceptional written and verbal English language communication skills;
- Familiarity with international standards relevant to ecology e.g. IFC and IUCN;
- Good field experience;
- A passion for ecology and the environment; and
- The ability and willingness to travel overseas on a regular basis.
The following skills and experience will be highly regarded:
- Previous international experience in EIA and environmental management/approvals in relation to infrastructure, resources and other large-scale projects will be highly regarded;
- Language skills e.g. French; and
- Experience planning and delivering ecological field programs.
An attractive salary package will be provided depending on experience. Interested applicants should submit a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com.