Company name: Svante Technologies Inc.
Business Address: 8528 Glenlyon Parkway, Unit 143, Burnaby BC V5J 0B6
Work Location: Burnaby (two locations), remote work available max. 2 days per week
Job type: Regular, full-time
Salary Range: $200,000.00-$240,000.00
Benefits: Medical Benefits Plan. RRSP Plan. Vacation and Sick Time Allowances. Education Reimbursement Program, Sign-on bonus, Relocation Allowance
Language of Work: English
Contact Info: email@example.com
Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change. Svante has been nominated one of the best clean-energy technology company for future investment with a credible solution for capturing point-source CO₂ emissions and accelerating the global transition to a lower-carbon economy.
Who are you?
We are looking for a Chief Scientist, Sorbent Development (CS-SD) for CO2 Capture. The CS-SD has the complete ownership of the development of the MOF sorbent that will meet the corporate Key performance indicators across all the CO2 capture application identified by the shareholders and senior management. The CS-SD will lead a team and work in close collaboration with external Tier 1 resources (Universities, Chemical companies, Consultants) and with internal department. He/she will be responsible for the technical lead and the development of a high-performance team for the development and synthesis of MOF sorbents for CO2 capture using the novel Svante process. The CS-SD will also be responsible for the transfer of sorbent synthesis to external world class manufacturing suppliers to be able to reach large-scale production at low cost.
The CS-SD will play a critical role in creating a world-class technology that will be used for a wide range of point source application. The MOF sorbent is at the heart of Svante’s technology.
- Build, manage, and execute a ‘’Material (MOF) Technology Roadmap’’ for CO2 capture using Svante process to meet corporate KPIs for all applications
- Collaborate with internal groups to meet the corporate capture cost at large scale
- Build, develop and nourish a high-performance team for the development of innovative MOF sorbents
- Collaborate with both internal and external R&D resources, alignment, and integration across technical and commercial functions internally as well as with R&D funding partners (ex. DOE, external Tier 1 customer).
- Collaborate with all teams and related programs aimed at implementing, evaluating, and enhancing the technology and process applications from the laboratory to tonnes scales.
- High level and critical analysis of scientific results, prepare technical reports and high-level recommendation, and identify improvements and optimization methods.
- Creation and maintenance of process control documentation
- Effective collaboration with Process simulation team to evaluate developed sorbents in simulated process conditions and predict KPIs
- Participate in fundamental cycle development of novel MOFs in collaboration with process team
- PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry or Physics.
- At least 6-8 years of experience in the development of MOF sorbent material for CO2 capture for commercial application
- At least 3-5 years of proven record of developing/managing highly successful collaborative team in an academic lab or in industry
- Excellence in fully understanding the key physical parameters that control CO2 capture in a MOF sorbent
- Complete understanding of the key physical parameters that control the stability and cost of a MOF in a CO2 capture process using flue gas and steam for regeneration
- Excellence in converting scientific concerns and questions to design of experiments and high-level data analysis
- Excellent in analytical and synthesize skills with ability to make high-level recommendations
- Excellence in team building and the ability to deliver results in a cooperative, team-focused manner and work with subject matter expert of different fields
- Excellence in building “world-class” expert teams
- Excellence in making good strategic decision and push forward the corporate alignment
- Excellence in written and oral communication skills in English
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.