Dukosi is a leading-edge technology company developing innovative solutions for use in large complex batteries. The technology has applications in mobility (electric vehicles, buses, marine) and energy storage (renewables). Dukosi’s unique cell-based battery intelligence solution is cell type agnostic and simplifies the architecture, control and safety of the BMS (Battery Management System), battery modules and packs by communicating over Dukosi’s patented near-field communications.
We are currently building a world class Software team in Edinburgh. This exciting opportunity will allow you to play a key role as part of a team innovating in an application area and market segment that will see enormous growth over the next 10-15 years. So, this is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience with this technology and the leading-edge products it will serve. We are fast-moving with a close-knit team of engineers from multiple disciplines. We pride ourselves on building the company around its employees.
Salary commensurate to experience and qualifications.
We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer to join our team. The candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining software programs for demonstrating and evaluating Dukosi ‘s products.
- Develop and maintain software programs using Python and PySide for frontend GUI design
- Design, implement and test solutions to meet requirements as per roadmap across the product lifecycle
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on key features as per roadmap
- Write clean, efficient and reusable code that is easy to maintain
- Keep up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development and GUI design
- Provide technical support to end-users of GUI products as needed
It is essential that:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or another related field
- You have 4+ experience working in Software Development and GUI design
- You have proven experience in working with Python
- Experience with multi-threaded design / development
- You can demonstrate great analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment
Desirable (but not essential):
- Building with technologies such React, Node JS, Electron and TypeScript language would be very beneficial
- You have experience in using interfaces, such as SPI, UART, I2C, GPIO
- You have experience of lithium ion battery management system
- You have experience working in an Agile development environment, utilizing Continuous Integration and Test Automation.
- Ideally, you would have experience with many of our project management tools (Jira, Confluence,…)