Education and work experience
- High school diploma or equivalent, post-secondary education is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience working with a volunteer program
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Goal oriented, highly motivated, and be able to multi-task
- Experience training, teaching, or presenting information to others
- Proficient with computer including Microsoft Suite with willingness to learn new programs
- Must possess excellent communications, and interpersonal skills to work successfully as part of a team
- Must be willing to travel locally. Must have a current valid driver’s license with no prior traffic violations (within the last five years) to operate Zoo vehicles.
POSITION TYPE AND HOURS OF WORK
- Part-time 30 hours/week, permanent
Birmingham Zoo is dedicated to creating a global community where all people value wildlife and wild places. As a workplace, the Zoo is guided by its core values: Passion, Excellence, Teamwork, Sustainability, and Inclusion.
Birmingham Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. If selected, a background check and drug test will be conducted prior to beginning employment.
The Birmingham Zoo is a not for profit entity. The position’s rate is $15.00/hour.