The Cloud Systems Engineer reports to the Sr. Manager of Infrastructure Operations and is responsible for ensuring the scalability, reliability, and security of cloud-based systems, enabling IT to deliver innovative solutions to their customers.
This individual is primarily responsible for the effective operations of cloud systems. In the context of cloud-based systems, this includes (but is not limited to):
- Cloud Infrastructure Design and Implementation
- System Administration and Monitoring
- Cloud Security, Governance, Compliance
- Troubleshooting and Incident Response
- Collaboration and Documentation
This job demands a significant amount of multi-tasking and the ability to complete projects under tight timelines.
Internal Control Responsibilities:
Support the Internal Control process, which includes understanding, communicating, and complying with defined internal controls and suggesting and modifying the policies, procedures, and controls to match the business better.
Communicate upward problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions.
- Implement enterprise-wide cloud system infrastructure strategies.
- Design, provision, and implement cloud systems.
- Implement baseline security practices for cloud-based systems
- Maintain platform security and compliance to protect data
- Develop, document, and implement standard policies and procedures to provide cloud-system governance
- Develop, implement, and maintain cloud-system automation and orchestration to maximize the productivity of platform management.
- Utilize standard enterprise tools to develop or implement infrastructure hardware, software, or other technical components.
- Provide preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolve routine problems to ensure infrastructure stability.
- Documents technical standards, policies, and procedures in areas of responsibility
- Adhere to all SSI and IT policies and procedures.
- Provide support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Perform system monitoring/analysis to identify bottlenecks and resolve issues as necessary.
- Evaluate and develop implementation steps for proposed software utilities and hardware.
- Write scripts to automate processes as needed
- Analyze OS and hardware anomalies and provide for problem resolution
- Provide documentation for system changes as necessary
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call support for system problems
- Provide training as required
- Provide work-level estimates and project status reporting
- Provide support for business development efforts
- Provide technical consulting to other IT groups
- Provide input into IT tools and infrastructure
- Travel in support of projects and systems
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
Ability to: sit for up to eight hours per day; type and/or keyboard for a few hours per day; be mobile within a confined, crowded area; communicate by speech and hearing in person or by phone in a professional manner. Visual acuity to perform close detail work, operating a computer. Ability to: write by hand and/or keyboard for extended periods of time, up to 6-8 hours a per day, bend at waist, twist upper body, stand, walk and negotiate uneven surfaces; assemble papers, staple and file; apply sufficient force to open and close drawers.
- Home office
- Office environment
- Data centers (as needed)
- Remote site work (as required)
- Travel (as required)
- After-hours, weekends, and Holiday work as needed
- 24x7 on-call support (rotation)
- Proven experience as a Cloud Systems Engineer or similar role.
- Proficiency in cloud platforms such as Azure and OCI, including services like EC2, S3, VPC, Azure VMs, etc.
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible.
- Foundational knowledge of cloud system automation, orchestration, and management tooling such as Azure DevOps, CloudHealth, and Divvycloud.
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration tools (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, security principles, and best practices.
- Experience in scripting languages (e.g., Python, Bash) for automation and system management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Relevant cloud certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Azure Solutions Architect) are a plus.
- Knowledge of operating systems, applications and a sound understanding of hardware and network interactions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize a diverse, dynamic body of work.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Radius Recycling participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Radius Recycling or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Radius Recycling does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.