The Staff Accountant (SA) reports to the Southeast Controller. The SA performs general accounting duties and prepares specialized reports and analyses. The SA accounting duties include sales invoicing, sales adjustment analysis and entry, journal entries, SOX and audit compliance reporting and account reconciliations. The SA will be expected to effectively manage workload and deadlines through-out the month and enhance processes through continuous improvement and effective communication.
The Staff Accountant (SA) reports to the Southeast Controller and is responsible for supporting the following key areas:
- Revenue recognition knowledge and sales invoicing
- Preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and other financial schedules requested by management.
- Review and explanation of changes in the balance sheet, income statement, and other balances from period to period (fluctuation analysis).
- Assistance in ensuring SOX, Anti-Fraud and various audit compliance through review of transaction and detailed support.
- Effective management of workload and deadlines including enhanced month, quarter and year-end activities.
- Continuous improvement efforts including implementing efficiencies, enhancing processes, and advancing communication within and among teams.
- Assisting internal and external audit teams and preparing ad hoc reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or relevant experience.
- 2+ years of accounting experience (preferred experience includes responsibility for general ledger and financial statements).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel software, ERP systems (preferably ORACLE) and 10-key competency.
- Exemplary communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain quality relationships that support all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and changing priorities.
- Willingness to challenge conventional thinking for the betterment of the company.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Radius Recycling participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Radius Recycling or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Radius Recycling does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.