SUMMARY:The Housekeeper will perform the general cleaning throughout the Saint Louis Zoo. This position will also support event set-ups as needed. As an active member of Facilities Management, this position will support the Zoo’s mission and advocate the Zoo’s core values and three keys.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:The following reflects Management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict additional assigned tasks. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position.
- Maintain the cleanliness of assigned Zoo buildings and Zoo Grounds during the overnight shift.
- Use tools such as brooms, mops, leaf blowers, vacuums, etc. to keep designated areas clean and free of debris.
- Ensure that proper safety guidelines and usage of PPE are maintained at all times.
- Know and understand the Zoo employee handbook and adhere to all stated disciplinary actions and personnel policies.
- Work in close collaboration with all Zoo internal departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervision of other employees is not a responsibility of this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior custodial of facilities maintenance experience preferred.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Good attendance record and work ethic.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check and drug test.
- Must be physically able to walk Zoo Grounds for long periods.
- Must be able to assist in the set-up of tables and chairs for Zoo events.
- Must be able to push, pull, bend, squat, stoop, climb stairs, and twist many times a day.
- Must be able to safely lift, carry and load of 75 pounds.
- This position will work in both an indoor office environment and outside. Significant exposure to weather is possible.