A world where no resource is wasted.
To ensure that no resource goes to waste by empowering people to redeem every container easily, efficiently, and effectively.
We are loyal, resilient, trustworthy, creative, competent, and engaged.
2:00 pm - 10:30 pm
The Material Handler I will process materials such as cans, PET bottles and glass bottles to prepare for shipment and further recycling. The Material Handler will operate machinery to sort, count or empty containers, process and record container counts, and meet established productivity standards.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate a variety of machines designed to sort, count, or move empty beverage containers for the purpose of recycling
- Safely operate plant equipment as assigned including, but not limited to, counters, balers, conveyors, weigh scales, pallet jacks, lift tables, crushers
- Load and unload trailers
- Prepare material for shipment by sorting, stacking, wrapping shells and pallets, and weighing and tagging bales of aluminum, PET, cardboard and film
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
- Adhere to all OSHA Safety Standards and OBRC policies
- Perform daily housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and orderly facility
- Assist other Material Handlers as needed in all areas of the plant
- Other job duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, or any equivalent combination of training, experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform key responsibilities of this position
Requirements – Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities
- Able to perform basic math, such as addition and subtraction
- High degree of attention regarding safety requirements to prevent injury to self and others
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Time Management: Prioritize duties in order of importance
- Communication: Work together to get the job done right the first time
- Reliability: Transportation to and from work
- Able to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights requiring extra hours, weekends and holidays due to varying volumes.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
This position works in a production plant setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. This position works around sharp objects and can get wet and sticky from full and empty beverage containers. The working environment can be cold, hot or humid.
While performing the duties of this job, this employee is regularly required to communicate. This position is very active and the employee will frequently stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The position involves standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds repeatedly for long periods of time throughout the day. The position involves pushing and pulling of carts full of recyclable material, climbing on top of, around and under machinery as needed, and climbing ladders and stairs and walk on catwalks as needed.