Including, but not limited to:
•Load and unload trucks hauling scrap metal.
•Inspect and determine metal grade for inventory tracking.
• Perform DOT daily operation and safety inspection.
• Communicates with office and customers to determine commodities to load.
• Works independently when driving scrap metal.
• Works with customers to satisfy their needs and assist them when problems arise.
• Work with other employees in the scrap metal yard to ensure a safe working environment.
• Perform normal daily operation maintenance refueling, lubrication, cooling system cleaning, and housekeeping
•Clean up work area at the end of shift
• Keep work areas neat and orderly
• Regular attendance and punctuality are essential job functions
• Organizing materials to have more effective use of space
• Dispose of various waste materials in the appropriate manner
•Inspection to ensure cleanup is completed
• Effective housekeeping in workplace area is an ongoing operation for safety and better hygienic conditions for all team members.
• Employees in this position prior to April 2014 are presumed to be qualified and are "grandfathered" into their positions.
• Must pass a medical physical and drug test
• Must pass a background check
• Preferred – high school diploma or GED and/or foreign education acceptable
•Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) language skills a plus
• Ability to: communicate with others effectively; understand direction (written or oral) and use basic math skills as the job demands
• Previous experience operating a Wheel Loader a plus
Comply with all applicable federal, state, local, & SA Recycling safety, health, & environmental rules, regulations, policies, & procedures.
• Work Environment: Scrap metal Recycling and shredder yard
• Equipment & Tools: Trucks up to 18 wheeler, hydraulic truck tilt and lift operations, Box Containers, mechanics tools,
• Physical Demand Level: Light to Moderate, keeps steady when machine in rocking in all directions, climbing fixed ladders
• Work Capacity: Truck Driver Work Capacity
• Sensory Demands: Hearing, vision, touch, smell and taste
• Hand Movements: Repetitive motions, gripping