We are looking for hard-working, reliable and safety minded individuals to join our team as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic. As a Maintenance Mechanic you will be responsible for the repair, maintenance, and inspection of our auto shredder and concentrator. The Maintenance Mechanic performs basic to intermediate repair/troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and repairs for all hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems; and will perform welding, machining, and metal fabrication.
This position will work outside in varying weather conditions, and SA Recycling strictly adheres to all Metals Recycling Business Health, Safety, and Environmental standards.
SA Recycling offers:
- Competitive Pay
- Choice of 2 Medical plans, with Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401k with a Company Match
- Weekly Pay
- Referral Incentives
- Company provided uniforms and PPE
- Eligible for Safety and Profitability Bonuses
Responsibilities for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Conduct basic to moderately complex diagnostic, troubleshooting, and service and repair tasks for hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems for the auto shredder and concentrator.
- Complete routine inspections for misalignment, wear, and defect and conduct routine maintenance tasks with limited interruptions to production.
- Inspect, install, rig, modify, remove, and repair motors, belts, sensors, safety guards, etc.
- Maintain metal and belt conveyor systems.
- Maintains accurate records of all work performed.
- Communicates and works well with others in a safe and professional manner.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and orderly working area.
- Performs all tasks fully within SA Recycling’s Safety and Environmental practices and procedures.
Qualifications for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic:
- Vocational/Technical Industrial Maintenance Mechanic degree, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Experience working in a scrap metal recycling yard or medium to heavy industrial environment preferred.
- Willingness to work in varying weather conditions.
- Experience in operating industrial equipment such as a forklift, skid steer, and hoists preferred.
- Must be willing to complete, and successfully pass a drug screen, physical and background check.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
We are looking for candidates who are friendly, flexible, hardworking, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. If this Industrial Mechanic description sounds like you, apply today!
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
An offer of employment by SA Recycling is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen, physical exam, and background check with a credit check (if position specified).
All US applicants must be 18 years of age or older.