A world where no resource is wasted.
To ensure that no resource goes to waste by empowering people to redeem every container easily, efficiently, and effectively.
We are loyal, resilient, trustworthy, creative, competent, and engaged.
The Plant Mechanic 1 is an entry level position with primary job duties consisting of maintaining operation of production equipment during production shifts. The position also performs preventative maintenance work, trouble shoots and repairs equipment as necessary, and utilizes basic welding, and general mechanical skills to problem solve throughout the shift.
2 pm - 10:30 pm
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to all OSHA Safety Standards and OBRC policies
- Maintain operation of the tote system during production shifts.
- Perform preventative maintenance work on all plant equipment as scheduled.
- Recognize proper operation of all plant equipment to include safety shutoffs and devices.
- Operate a forklift.
- Efficiently use various hand and power tools.
- Complete work orders and other assigned paperwork as directed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, or any equivalent combination of training, experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform key responsibilities of this position
- Solid basic mechanical skills (welding, fabrication, electrical skills preferred)
Requirements – Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic mechanical experience and aptitude.
- Complete forklift training class as scheduled by the company.
- Lift 50 lbs. up to 4 ft high as necessary.
- Safely climb on top of, around and under machinery as needed.
- Climb ladders and walk on catwalks as needed.
- Must be available to work schedule as posted, and overtime as necessary.
- Able to perform basic math, such as add and subtract
- Speak, understand, read, and write the English language sufficient to perform the job.
- High degree of attention regarding safety requirements to prevent injury to self and others
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Time Management: Prioritize duties in order of importance
- Communication: Work together to get the job done right the first time
- Reliability: Transportation to and from work
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
This position works in a production plant setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. This position works around sharp objects and can get wet and sticky from full and empty beverage containers. The working environment can be cold, hot or humid.
While performing the duties of this job, this employee is regularly required to communicate. This position is very active, and the employee will frequently stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The position involves standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds repeatedly for long periods of time throughout the day. The position involves pushing and pulling of carts full of recyclable material, climbing on top of, around and under machinery as needed, and climbing ladders and stairs and walk on catwalks as needed.