Including, but not limited to:
• Weigh vehicles full and empty to record purchases.
• Inspect and determine metal grade for inventory tracking.
• Handle paperwork associated with conducting business, delivery transactions, and government-required documentation.
• Communicates with dispatch and truck drivers to determine schedules and volumes.
• Communicates with customers when they bring objectionable materials.
• Works with customers to satisfy their needs and assist them when problems arise.
• Work with other employees in the scrap metal yard to ensure swift work when materials arrive.
• Process and reports end of day totals
• Ascending and descending staircases for inspections of loads
• Adhere to specific dress code for the position (no restrictive or excessively loose clothing or accessories that could pose a safety hazard)
• Clean up work area at the end of shift
• Keep work areas neat and orderly
• Regular attendance and punctuality are essential job functions
• Organizing materials to have more effective use of space
• Dispose of various waste materials in the appropriate manner
• Inspection to ensure cleanup is completed
• Effective housekeeping in workplace area is an ongoing operation for safety and better hygienic conditions for all team members
Employees in this position prior to April 2014 are presumed to be qualified and are "grandfathered" into their positions.
• Must pass a medical physical and drug test
• Must pass a background check and credit check
• Preferred – high school diploma or GED and/or foreign education acceptable
• Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) language skills a plus
• Ability to: communicate with others effectively; understand direction (written or oral) and use basic math skills as the job demands
• Willingness to learn how to: sort metal, identify colors, shapes, and weights; properly maintain equipment; properly utilize PPE
Comply with all applicable federal, state, local, & SA Recycling safety, health, & environmental rules, regulations, policies, & procedures.
Work Environment: Office, Scale office, Scale outdoors
• Equipment & Tools: Office equipment and PPE.
• Physical Demand Level: Light to Moderate
• Work Capacity: Weighmaster work capacity
• Sensory Demands: Hearing, vision, smell, touch and taste
• Hand Movements: Repetitive motions, keyboard